Get Shorty -- Old Article from Willamette Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Shorty -- Old Article from Willamette Week

I am not sure anyone posted this last year when it was published but I was exploring the interwebs last night and stumbled upon it. It's an interesting read for the offseason and while it get some things wrong, namely not mentioning RVL8 or Spruce, it does get a lot of things right about the advantages of skiboarding:

Link ---> GET SHORTY ARTICLE from Willamette Week
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    I am not sure anyone posted this last year when it was published but I was exploring the interwebs last night and stumbled upon it. It's an interesting read for the offseason and while it get some things wrong, namely not mentioning RVL8 or Spruce, it does get a lot of things right about the advantages of skiboarding:

Link ---> GET SHORTY ARTICLE from Willamette Week
    Good find, Wookie.

What a character! Happily, he does a nice job of explaining the program in a non-apologetic way. I wonder if any of our Pacific Northwest crew knows this individual, he doesn't seem to be the bashful sort.

Notice the comments about putting away the skiboards (in favor of skis) in over a foot of fresh snow, someone needs to get a pair of Rocker Condors (or Sherpas, etc.) in this fellow's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      .... someone needs to get a pair of Rocker Condors (or Sherpas, etc.) in this fellow's hands.
      Indeed!
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Fun read!

Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

His comments on preferring shorties in crud are interesting. I presume he is on blades, at least by the way he describes them cutting through the crud. That may be why he doesn't acknowledge RVL8; our boards are too wide to suit his riding style.
          Last edited by Greco; 05-22-2016, 01:19 PM.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

A nice article, thanks for the link! I posted a comment about some of the other options available and about this nice forum we got here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              His comments on preferring shorties in crud are interesting. I presume he is on blades, at least by the way he describes them cutting through the crud. That may be why he doesn't acknowledge RVL8; our boards are too wide to suit his riding style.
              Skiboards.com/Summit does also have its own following, search around social media and there are die hard Summit fans that never come on this forum and that don't interact with the SBOL/RVL8 crowd, he may be one of them.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X