Snowskating ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowskating ???

Never heard of it before, but looks entertaining...

https://youtu.be/9Eibfhrgjxs

I see it quite often here in Tahoe. I've ridden up the chair lift with people who do this. The snow skate is basically a skiboard with a skateboard deck on the upper level.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I've seen them at Beaver Creek in CO and Spring Mountain in PA. At Beaver Creek they actually do lessons on them.

Sempai is correct that it is essentially a skateboard deck with a skiboard underneath connected with two riser posts. These guys [http://www.hovlandsnowskates.com] did a demo day at Spring Mountain last year and had a Powder Snow Skate that had a ski underneath that had a hammerhead shaped extended front tip.

The instructors I've seen riding out West are really impressive on them. I've seen them run moguls on the board and run through the terrain park like they were in a skate park on a regular skateboard (kick flips, ollies, etc..). It's a really cool concept and I would love to have one just to ride the sledding hill by my house.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Yes, I saw some of the videos for the above-mentioned brand. Looks like a very minimalistic way to slide down the slopes in shoes that seem even more comfortable than snowboard boots. And no bindings. I wonder if these things are allowed in all resorts, since some don't let you ride the lift without at least one foot strapped into something that slides down the slope...

Comment

I've seen these randomly at Boreal, Sierra @ Tahoe and just last week Heavenly.
          You can rent them at Sierra @ Tahoe as well.

Quiver: Kneissel Bigfoots, RVL8 DLP's/Revolts/Rumspringas/Slapdashes/Spliffs/Stickies, Spruce 120's/Raptors/Caddy Jr's, Summit Headwalls/Jades,
          Bindings: Spruce Risers w/Tyrollia Bindings
          Boots: Head Vector Evo 130's
          Mountains we slide on: Sierra@Tahoe, Heavenly, Mt. Rose, Squaw Valley

Comment

Working...
          X