Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supper Happy for the West Coast super sad for the East...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supper Happy for the West Coast super sad for the East...

I am relieved to hear how much snow you guys are already getting out there. I hope you guys get dumped on this year to make up for the last 120301230 years of drought.

on the flip side. Here on the East Side, temps remain in the high 50's and rain.... I suppose we had the good winter last year but still.... BOOOOOO

-B
    sigpic

Originally posted by Branden View Post
    ..... on the flip side. Here on the East Side, temps remain in the high 50's and rain.... I suppose we had the good winter last year but still.... BOOOOOO ....
    IT'S KILLING ME!!! Got my new Spliffs today and it's supposed to get close to 60 degrees. Not exactly skiboarding weather. If I have one more friend tell me how much they are enjoying the warm Fall I might go postal and kill someone. I may need to sacrifice the DS110s that I am holding for Macrophotog to Ullr (the god of snow)

It appears the East Cost ski season will start "LATE" this year .... but I have faith it will come:

Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

It's not as wonderful in Tahoe as they play it up to be. I'm grateful that we can get out at all, but they do like to exaggerate the conditions. We get storms that only drop a few inches at a time, and then the next day the sun comes back out along with warms temps. Yesterday I was at Kirkwood. They have gotten the most snow of any Tahoe resort so far, but it definitely was early season conditions. There were plenty of rocks and other obstacles to avoid. It was slush city in the afternoon with the sun beating down and the temp in the 50s. We really need a lot more snow to fall and for temps to stay cold. If you take a look at the whole West, Colorado seems to be doing very well especially around the San Juans. Wolf Creek is 100% open already. Taos recently got over two feet. AZ resorts are looking good also. It's early yet. A lot could change in either direction, good or bad.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        It's not as wonderful in Tahoe as they play it up to be. I'm grateful that we can get out at all, but they do like to exaggerate the conditions. We get storms that only drop a few inches at a time, and then the next day the sun comes back out along with warms temps. Yesterday I was at Kirkwood. They have gotten the most snow of any Tahoe resort so far, but it definitely was early season conditions. There were plenty of rocks and other obstacles to avoid. It was slush city in the afternoon with the sun beating down and the temp in the 50s. We really need a lot more snow to fall and for temps to stay cold. If you take a look at the whole West, Colorado seems to be doing very well, especially around the San Juans. Wolf Creek is 100% open already. Taos recently got over two feet. AZ resorts are looking good also. It's early yet. A lot could change in either direction, good or bad.
        Rough conditions are better than no snow at all. Here is a shot of my home resort. Check out the epic coverage in the park... not.

Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          Rough conditions are better than no snow at all. Here is a shot of my home resort. Check out the epic coverage in the park... not.

Looks like September. Leaf skiing!
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Today is opening day in AZ, the earliest in 35 years. They are 80% open with a 33 inch base. But like Sempai says, it's still very warm, with a predicted high of 52 today. More like spring conditions, but I'll take it. I'm hoping this is just going to be a nice base for the conveyor belt of powder storms ElNino is bringing this season [emoji102]
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

If I want to see 6 trails open with 6 park features I have to drive nearly 4 hours one way... Oh wait. That's what I'm doing tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

Well, the good news is we're finally going to get some snow in Wisconsin. There's a storm coming in tonight and I'm hearing estimates ranging from 5-18 inches! Hopefully, it'll pick up some extra moisture while moving eastward across the Great Lakes and have a gift for you guys in the east as well.
                Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                Trikke Skki

Comment

Working...
                X