Nagano earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagano earthquake

For anyone who heard/read about the latest earthquake in Nagano Japan - all is well. No one died. Hakuba has a lot of ski resorts. Happo One, 47/Goryu, Cortina, Tsugaike to name a few. I made a few calls and people seem more irritated than shook up. Apparently, the shake caused land slides, buckled roads and all sorts of inconvenience. However, big picture all is well
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Glad to hear all is well.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

In all the time I've been here Japan has always been a crap-shoot from a nature standpoint. The place refuses to stop rattling and things like typhoons ravage the place every year. But, things seem to be getting worse. Everything that happens just seems to be getting bigger and more violent
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Comment

I think I want to move someplace safer - maybe California. Yuk yuk yuk

Comment

But, there are some funny things that happen at the personal level. Every single time Tokyo shakes I am guaranteed to get a few calls from people who know me asking what they can do. Their logic is that because I spend a lot of time in the mountains I must be prepared for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse that is coming so are basically calling for me to give them a 10 words or less list of things they should do when the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillator. I typically assure them that if something of true significants occurs, I will likely be just as dead as they are. But, if they are alive to feel free to come over to my apartment, walk in (you can always walk into my apartment as I lost the door key about 3 years ago) and take whatever you like

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
            For anyone who heard/read about the latest earthquake in Nagano Japan - all is well.
            Dude, you have to be more careful falling back into your lounger like that. The mortals cannot handle the shakes
            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Oh, going with a fat joke I see. Well, I'll have you know 2 things:

1. The pill box I live in could not hold a lounger. I would have to pay 3k a month to get a place that could actually handle furniture.

2. I'm just big for my height. Ha ha.

Comment

Working...
              X