Android Game I made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Game I made

To support all of my sometimes-painful hobbies, I am a software developer by day. Recently in my spare time, I made an addictive old-school style game for Android. If you like classic games, you should check it out! So far, no one except me has been able to beat it.

It is currently available for Android, Kindle Fire, and Nook, and it is pending approval for Blackberry. Unfortunately, it won't be on iOS anytime soon, since that would cost me about $1100 up front to buy a mac, developer licenses, and a bunch of other crap they require - putting the chances of making my money back on a $1 game at "abysmal".

For Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nk.spaceescape

For Kindle Fire:
    http://www.amazon.com/Kirk-Thompson-.../dp/B00ATEJWHY

For Nook:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spac...=2940043946034

Attached Files

Kirk,

I have a Kindle Touch. Will the game work on that version/type?
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
      I have a Kindle Touch. Will the game work on that version/type?
      Unfortunately, not right now. Kindle Touch doesn't run android, so I would have to do some work to port it. I looked at the distribution model, and the developer is charged for the data at $0.30 per MB of download, so I would have to trim it down quite a bit, or raise the cost to make up for it. Right now the app is at about 7MB due to images/music, so that would be $2.10 just in data transfer charges.

I edited the original response to specify that it requires Kindle Fire, and I will update if I am able to port it over.

Comment

Are you open-sourcing the code?
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          Are you open-sourcing the code?
          Eventually, definitely yes. I am not sure on the exact method yet, but I am partial to MIT/BSD style licenses and find the GPL to be too restrictive, so it will likely be something BSD-like, or maybe even just public domain.

Before I publish the source, I plan on holding a high score contest for prizes, so I can't have all the secrets known by then . I have the code on BitBucket now, but it is currently private. After the contest, I will figure out how I want to license it and release on BitBucket or move it over to GitHub.

Comment

It just got published to the Nook store, and it is pending approval for Blackberry 10 and Playbook!

Comment

iPhone
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
              X