Edit Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Blues

I guess this might be a "new guy" question.

Just checking to see if there is a solution to this problem of the gray screen coming up when you are trying to edit or post. I had to hit post/backpage/post seven times this evening before I could get the black edit screen to come up and allow me to reply to a post. This happens on all the computers I access the forum with, but is worst on my netbook.

Is there any solution to this. A different browser, a patch download, a secret handshake, or is it something we just have to live with. There have been some nights I have just given up in frustration.
    Just these, nothing else !

I'm sorry you're having trouble. It's working perfectly for me on two PC's with Firefox and via Tapatalk on a Galaxy Nexus. Is anyone else having a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
      I'm sorry you're having trouble. It's working perfectly for me on two PC's with Firefox and via Tapatalk on a Galaxy Nexus. Is anyone else having a problem?
      My main access is a netbook with Windows XP, and is a frequent problem. It does happen on my PC, but rarely and not really an issue. I asked the question when I first joined the site, and was having trouble opening up my profile edit box, and was told it was a "glitch" in the system. It just seems to be more of an issue for me recently.

Comment

No problems using Ubuntu Firefox/opera or Nexus 7 Firefox/chrome/opera but DOES happen using my HTC 1V. On that device I have to use 'request desktop site' menu option. It is as if it happens when the device is trying to find a mobile specific site.
        Check to see if your browser has a request desktop site option.
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

This happends on outr work units XP with IE 7
          Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
          *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Happens for me at work on a PC with XP and IE 8. Only solution I have found is to hit the Refresh button multiple times quickly - sometimes repeatedly sessions of that. No problems at home on MacBook Pros with Safari and Firefox.
            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

The layout that the forums got changed to for the new season (The current blue/white instead of the old gray/green) has a massive grudge against IE, with regard to both reliability and speed.

Get literally any other browser, I've had no issues with Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. TBH, if you're still using IE, Greco did y'all a favor.
              '10 Revel8 Revolt "Bullseye"
              '07 Revel8 ALPs (Thanks, Wendell!)
              '13 Spruce 120

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
                The layout that the forums got changed to for the new season (The current blue/white instead of the old gray/green) has a massive grudge against IE, with regard to both reliability and speed.

Get literally any other browser, I've had no issues with Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. TBH, if you're still using IE, Greco did y'all a favor.
                Unfortunately, if you work someplace like I do where they have the desktop locked down so you can't install anything on your computer and only have 1 browser available you are stuck.
                In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I have had this problem sporadically on both my computers (one Dell desktop running Windows 7 and Firefox and one Asus notebook running windows 7 and IE).
                  Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                  Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                  Full Tilt Boots
                  Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Yes, I'm having it on one of my computers. I'm running the same OS and using the same browser on all three machines. I've mentioned this before.
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I switched my browser to Google Chrome and the problem has resolved, seems faster too.

Thanks.

Comment

could someone post a screen shot? i think it's happening when the browser is about to render the post editing area. for me this area goes blank for a second whenever i 'create a new' or 'edit' a post, and then it gets filled in.

Comment

could someone post a screen shot? i think it's happening when the browser is about to render the post editing area. for me this area goes blank for a second whenever i 'create a new' or 'edit' a post, and then it gets filled in.
                          It happens mainly when I try to edit/post using IE on my netbook, and you are correct about the timing. It does not happen with Chrome.

Comment

Here we go, the Edit Blues

Click image for larger version

Name:	EditBlues.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	244686

Comment

Working...
                            X