What do YOU do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Any specific color tractors you're into, nudelles? You may be able to guess mine from the avatar ;-)

In addition to fixing up/accumulating/restoring old farm equipment

Hi Bill,

My son and I went to this place this past October. A lot of old farm equipment. http://www.ctamachinery.com/

Comment

Skiboarding, of course

Martial arts, Kenpo and Tang Soo Do more specifically. I don't do tournaments, I've been asked to join the tournament team but I just don't have the time. I still get to practice with them sometimes though and I can almost do a backflip unassisted

Airsoft-some of you may know what this is, if not it's similar to paintball but instead of paintballs the guns shoot 6mm plastic bb's. I'm lucky enough to have a professional field within 25 minutes of my house so I get to play a lot. I also enjoy modifying and upgrading the guns, my current setup is running at over 50 rounds per second

Cross Country/Track, I run for my high school

Lacrosse, I got into it a few years ago and it's a really fun sport. Unfortunately my school doesn't have a team but I'm working on building one this year

Comment

• Drummer/Percussionist (since 1989)
        • Long Distance Runner
        • Elementary and Middle School Educator
        • Gym Rat
        • Road Tripper
        • Wine Enthusiast
        • Netflix Junky
        • Health Food Nut
        • Movie Buff
        • Writer
        • Beach Bum
        • Wanderer
        • Studio Engineer
        • Video Production Engineer
        • Guitar, Bass, Piano, Trumpet, Sax, Violin, Viola, Cello, and more…
        • Freestyle Roller
        • Historian
        • Football, Basketball, and Track Coach
        • Jets, Flyers, Celtics, and Phillies Fan
        • Avid Reader
        • Hockey Player
        • Hiker
        • New Yorker (trapped in CO)
        • Shopper
        • Daydreamer

Those are the things that I love. I'm sure I forgot something…yeah, I have a lot of hobbies. I'm just not getting into mountain biking.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Bill- it doesn't matter to me what kind it is. I have always favored JD though. Something bout the sound of a 820 diesel or a "D" that is just great. I have been active in the Michigan Flywheelers Museum for many years... 20+ .. I really like the steam and am starting to get into that. One thing I forgot to add is I am a Sawyer for the club when we put our show on

Dave- do you write your own music or just play other peoples songs? Ive always wanted to play sax because of the ska back ground, but I have been a drummer sense I was like 9. Drum core is awesome and I always smile when I hear them playing. Lucky for me I am close enough to a school where I get to hear them practice every day in the spring. I am self taught on the bass and guitar. My set up shakes the house so that is a great way to get the neighbors to complain. haha.
          -r-
          2011 ktp's
          k2 haymaker boots
          Ride binding
          GGO Spine
          GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
            My son and I went to this place this past October. A lot of old farm equipment. http://www.ctamachinery.com/
            Thanks, G, what a neat place, we'll have to check that out next time we're out in your part of the country. I really enjoy old-timey equipment and the history behind it.

Originally posted by nudelles View Post
            Bill- it doesn't matter to me what kind it is. I have always favored JD though. Something bout the sound of a 820 diesel or a "D" that is just great. I have been active in the Michigan Flywheelers Museum for many years... 20+ .. I really like the steam and am starting to get into that. One thing I forgot to add is I am a Sawyer for the club when we put our show on -r-
            That's cool, around here most shows have threshing demonstrations, I can see where sawing would be more popular in your country. Be careful with those fingers! ;-)

Comment

Just an old cruster trying to be a good slacker.

Not much time left and not doing a good job at it.

Better get to work!

Comment

• Skiboarding
                • Ski Instructing
                • Surfing
                • Traveling
                • Hiking
                • Longboarding
                • Aggressive Skating

I want to try kite boarding, wake skating, and dual snowboarding.

bnuf

Comment

--Long walks on the beach
                  --Barry Manilow
                  --Neil Diamond
                  --Rainbows
                  --Puppies
                  --Scrapbooking
                  --Yanni
                  --Kittens
                  --Abba
                  --Sharing feelings
                  --Long heartfelt talks

No, wait, that isn't quite right....

--Fly fishing for trout, especially wild trout in small streams
                  --Motorcycling - have a 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n, a naked 650 parallel twin that I have set up as a light tourer
                  --Biking on an old school cyclocross bike with a silky steel frame
                  --Reading - mainly fiction
                  --Working out - nothing crazy, enough to stay in decent shape
                  --Traveling - my family has been on some great vacations that are some of our best memories
                  In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by nudelles View Post
                    Dave- do you write your own music or just play other peoples songs? Ive always wanted to play sax because of the ska back ground, but I have been a drummer sense I was like 9. Drum core is awesome and I always smile when I hear them playing. Lucky for me I am close enough to a school where I get to hear them practice every day in the spring. I am self taught on the bass and guitar. My set up shakes the house so that is a great way to get the neighbors to complain. haha.
                    -r-
                    Both. I have some of my originals and one cover posted here. Lately, the band I've been playing out with here in Colorado does all covers. But, I've worked on some solo stuff as well as produced some artists for some time. In the studio I get in front of and behind the board.

HAHA I hear you on the house shaking. I thought it was bad before while living in NY. But, out here even with living in a very rural area I have had some noise complaints. I tend to drum along with headphones, but pump the music as well so neighbors can hear the full song and not just the drums
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
                    X