Thoughts with those in the usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts with those in the usa

Ok so i don't know the whole story but i know there is a rather large storm hitting the USA at the moment. As most of the members on here are in the states i wanted to pass on my thoughts and hope it passes without causing too much damage o the way. Hope everyone over that side of the pond is well. :-) keep smiling!!!!
    Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
    *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Very large hurricane, Sandy, hit the East Coast of the US. I live outside of Philadelphia in southeastern Pennsylvania and have never seen this type of sustained wind and rain here. The wind last night was incredible at sustained speeds probably in the low 60 miles per hour range. Looks like the winds were even higher farther north into Long Island in New York. I can't imagine being in a hurricane with a higher categorization and winds speeds over 100 miles per hour. Some of the areas along the New Jersey shoreline received over 11 inches of rain. The shoreline areas in the east from North Carolina to Connecticut seem to have taken a bit hit with a lot of damage. The hurricane came ashore in south-central New Jersey. On top of all of this there has been blizzard conditions in parts of West Virginia and I believe Virginia and Tennessee. The power of nature is simply amazing.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Terrible mess down there... but some guys were making the best of it:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...sachusetts.cnn

Comment

That dude looks like he is hauling. probably perfect weather for that.
        -r-
        2011 ktp's
        k2 haymaker boots
        Ride binding
        GGO Spine
        GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

The weather here in NJ was only perfect for destruction. I am in Southern NJ (South Jersey if you are from around here) and the destruction on the NJ shore area and up into NY is hard to believe. I have friends that have lost their homes and vacation homes and others that have yet to get back on the barrier islands to check the damage.

The hurricane was not biggest, by category level, to hit in my lifetime but the timing and conditions made for the perfect storm.

Currently there are 2.4 million without power in NJ but thanks to well planned evacuations personal injuries were kept to a minimum. If you have friends in NJ,NY, or on the East Coast please keep them in your prayers.
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
            The weather here in NJ was only perfect for destruction. I am in Southern NJ (South Jersey if you are from around here) and the destruction on the NJ shore area and up into NY is hard to believe. I have friends that have lost their homes and vacation homes and others that have yet to get back on the barrier islands to check the damage.

The hurricane was not biggest, by category level, to hit in my lifetime but the timing and conditions made for the perfect storm.

Currently there are 2.4 million without power in NJ but thanks to well planned evacuations personal injuries were kept to a minimum. If you have friends in NJ,NY, or on the East Coast please keep them in your prayers.
            My brother used to live in Ship Bottom NJ which is on one of those islands. I'll bet he is glad he moved out because he was not living in one of the many homes that are raised up high off the ground. I cant imagine trying to get off the island using the one and only bridge over to Manahawkin...

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/long-be...ore=1351542827

Comment

Originally posted by SBruce View Post
              .... I cant imagine trying to get off the island using the one and only bridge over to Manahawkin...
              Most of the islands had evacuations well in advance of the storm. The hard part wasn't getting off the islands but now getting back on the islands over washed out roadway for rescue and recovery. So far I have to commend the local governments for doing a good job with communication and reacting to the storm.
              Boards:
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Take care to all those effected by Sandy.
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

There are a bunch of trees down and no power at SBOL headquarters but a generator and a tethered Galaxy Nexus are allowing business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                    There are a bunch of trees down and no power at SBOL headquarters but a generator and a tethered Galaxy Nexus are allowing business as usual.
                    Thank goodness you and SBOL are safe. Skiboards must live on.
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Wookie hope your ok there. My girlfriends family used to have a house on Ortley beach, but after watching news 12 nj on you the it is now an empty lot.

Long Island is insane right now. No one has power...no gas stations have gas, and I think I am the only food vendor delivering on the island right now.

Trees down everywhere. You turn on a block and there is a tree across the road. Almost seems like you turn around and there is another tree blocking our way out.

Almost every house on my block has a tree down on the roof. I was lucky, mine fell on the neighbors house instead of mine.

Fire island washed away....utter insanity my friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Wookie hope your ok there.....
                        Zach -- Things are getting better where I am on the Jersey mainland. We are doing fine and the neighborhoods around here are starting to get power and back to normal. I can't say the same about my friends who have houses on the barrier islands. Some of them have still not been able to get back to their houses to see if they are even still there and those that have don't expect to have power for a week or more.

It sounds like you guys in Long Island and NYC got beat up pretty bad too. My office in lower Manhattan is still shut down with no ETA of when it will be up again. Hang in there. NY and NJ are tough States and in a few weeks we'll be mostly back to normal and in the mountains skiboarding!!
                        Boards:
                        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Gas is the issue now. Lines a half mile long or longer. People are nuts, waiting hours and hours for gas.

I cut my delivery route short the other day and just told my customers I couldn't get gas. They all understood. Hoping by Monday we have gas again...

Also looking forward to a trip to Vermont in a couple of weeks to get back out there!
                          33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

thanks to everyone for the updates on this. Hoping things are getting back to normal slowly.
                            Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
                            *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Working...
                            X