Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vew-Do boards - good for all

Hey Family,

I wanted to throw this out there - I've been using a Vew-Do board for years for balance training. It absolutely works. It works for everyone but is an especially good purchase for park types. I have to admit that when I go to the park I go with my snowboard. At 46 years old it just boils down to doing what I know. These days, grabbing a 360 (especially backside) and following it up with a rail glide lets me lie to myself and say "I still have it". I mean, you know you're old when the park rats compliment you just because you grabbed a little 360 (something they do while still yawning off the first lift). They're like "Damn man, alright." Then, you get to go to the front of the line for every run after. The line just pulls off to the side for you and you push forward. I guess when you are 2.5x their age, that's a compliment. I absolutely love today's kids. They are so much better than we were. Dedicated too. But, I want to and will begin at least gliding a few boxes this year on skiboards. No matter what the tool, the Vew-Do board with a "big rock" is an absolute win for anyone with a few extra dollars laying around and a desire to improve their balance and feel more comfortable throwing the same around in the park. Again though, those who spend their days in powder or on the machined lanes will also see very real benefits from this device. Food for thought.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
    Hey Family,

I wanted to throw this out there - I've been using a Vew-Do board for years for balance training. It absolutely works. It works for everyone but is an especially good purchase for park types. I have to admit that when I go to the park I go with my snowboard. At 46 years old it just boils down to doing what I know. These days, grabbing a 360 (especially backside) and following it up with a rail glide lets me lie to myself and say "I still have it". I mean, you know you're old when the park rats compliment you just because you grabbed a little 360 (something they do while still yawning off the first lift). They're like "Damn man, alright." Then, you get to go to the front of the line for every run after. The line just pulls off to the side for you and you push forward. I guess when you are 2.5x their age, that's a compliment. I absolutely love today's kids. They are so much better than we were. Dedicated too. But, I want to and will begin at least gliding a few boxes this year on skiboards. No matter what the tool, the Vew-Do board with a "big rock" is an absolute win for anyone with a few extra dollars laying around and a desire to improve their balance and feel more comfortable throwing the same around in the park. Again though, those who spend their days in powder or on the machined lanes will also see very real benefits from this device. Food for thought.

such a good thing i made one in iraq with plywood and a pvc pipe. also slack lining is great.

matt

Comment

Balance balls as well. Using one is a great way to strengthen up your core naturally and build balance in supporting muscles like your calves and quads as well as your ankles and hip flexors.
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

I have one my brother made me for xmas one year. its a 10" cilynder and a nice stained plank of wood. I use it watching TV. its quite intimidating when you look at it, but after you get used to it its great.

It also helps fire your fine tune your fine motor skills. Along with stabilize the core like Bloom said. also try doing stuff on it. you get the best workout from it by doing it as a secondary action. Read a book out loud. or try a crossword pussle or soduko puzzle. You really want to train your muscles to automatically react to the balance when your not thinking about it. This will drastically improve balance on rails.

-B
        sigpic

Comment

I love my Vew-Do board - I think I have had it for 4 years now. I use it as part of my training year round, but definitely put additional time in on it a few months before the season starts. Very good balance building tool that also helps with strength and endurance. My board has held up very well and was money well spent for sure.
          In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden View Post
            I have one my brother made me for xmas one year. its a 10" cilynder and a nice stained plank of wood. I use it watching TV. its quite intimidating when you look at it, but after you get used to it its great.

It also helps fire your fine tune your fine motor skills. Along with stabilize the core like Bloom said. also try doing stuff on it. you get the best workout from it by doing it as a secondary action. Read a book out loud. or try a crossword pussle or soduko puzzle. You really want to train your muscles to automatically react to the balance when your not thinking about it. This will drastically improve balance on rails.

-B
            Branden,

Hey, thanks for the great idea. I completely agree with what you said and will try reading a book on the board starting this evening. Muchas Gracias.
            "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Working...
            X