Sustainable City Farming - Aquaponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sustainable City Farming - Aquaponics

Very interesting. Ty probably knows about this already.

Today I learned what Aquaponics is

Comment

that was very interesting. thanks for that G
      -r-
      2011 ktp's
      k2 haymaker boots
      Ride binding
      GGO Spine
      GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

I have a friend that is visiting me now that went to school for this in Florida. He's using it In Belize at an Orphanage. Very interesting for sure!

bnuf

Comment

I love this stuff, I actually had an undergrad class where we got to design an aquaponic system.

If you are interested in this kind of stuff, I recommend reading the two or three books by Nancy and John Todd. All focused on projects like this!

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk View Post
            I love this stuff, I actually had an undergrad class where we got to design an aquaponic system.

If you are interested in this kind of stuff, I recommend reading the two or three books by Nancy and John Todd. All focused on projects like this!

i know quite a bit on this as well. but thats w/e its great everyone should be studying this. (you don't need to go to school to learn)

matt

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post

i know quite a bit on this as well. but thats w/e its great everyone should be studying this. (you don't need to go to school to learn)

matt
              I mean you don't have to go to school to learn how to cook but people still go..

bnuf

Comment

this is awesome. thanks for posting this. i was curious about something like this as i met a guy on Maui who was describing his system at his home using tilapia fish as the fertilizer source and oatmeal as the food to get the fish going. i really like the fact that you don't use soil and the space required is minimal.
                Spruce 120s!!!
                KTPs
                BWPs
                Extreme II bindings w/ Rossignol Soft Light 1 boots; snowboard bindings w/ "strut" garage riser and boa snowboard boots; Spruce composite risers/C609 bindings
                Snowjam 75s for da kids; Summit 85s for kids' friends and the occasional odd experiment

Comment

Working...
                X