Grade 2 Shoulder Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade 2 Shoulder Separation

Hey, guys. I figured I would post up an update since there have been a few different reports on my riding status as of now. At Alpine Meadows yesterday during Shredfest IV on my second run I went for a 180 wallride to fakie (backwards) 360 off and went way too fast, which sent me far and inverted. I flew deep and dropped about eight feet (Dave Lynam estimated the height) onto my side, smashing my head down and landing directly onto my left shoulder. I was wearing a helmet and my head was perfectly fine. But, I knew right away that I had messed up my shoulder. I went to the medic and then to the hospital where it was confirmed that I had a Grade 2 Shoulder Separation. I am off skiboards for six weeks and for the sake of both my sanity and The Junk Show I will film again in late April and May to release one more Junk Show episode (on top of the Shredfest episode) before the season ends.

Ironically, I injured my good shoulder. I am going for surgery in June on my right shoulder to repair major damage I've received after ten dislocations over the past fourteen months.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

dam dave thats rough, sorry to hear that. I was wondering if it was the bad shoulder.

guess it couldve been worse though, kinda comes with the territory which sucks..... get better soon!

Comment

so much for having at least one good shoulder. Hope you heal quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
        Hey, guys. I figured I would post up an update since there have been a few different reports on my riding status as of now. At Alpine Meadows yesterday during Shredfest IV on my second run I went for a 180 wallride to fakie (backwards) 360 off and went way too fast, which sent me far and inverted. I flew deep and dropped about eight feet (Dave Lynam estimated the height) onto my side, smashing my head down and landing directly onto my left shoulder. I was wearing a helmet and my head was perfectly fine. But, I knew right away that I had messed up my shoulder. I went to the medic and then to the hospital where it was confirmed that I had a Grade 2 Shoulder Separation. I am off skiboards for six weeks and for the sake of both my sanity and The Junk Show I will film again in late April and May to release one more Junk Show episode (on top of the Shredfest episode) before the season ends.

Ironically, I injured my good shoulder. I am going for surgery in June on my right shoulder to repair major damage I've received after ten dislocations over the past fourteen months.

It's kinda too bad that you didn't get some of the footage of the fall/ED/your thoughts for the junk show. That would have been an entertaining episode!!

Comment

Get better soon buddy. I know when you return you'll still amaze all of us. Get some rest and have a speedy recovery.
          Always on the brink of success or insanity!

Comment

Dave,

You have a long way to go, brother. Be Leary of tearing yourself apart like that - so many separations without getting the situation corrected. Fix it as it breaks. I'm glad to hear you are moving quickly to get your latest issue corrected. While you are there, have them look at the other side and schedule whatever corrective measures are needed. Broken is broken. Fixed is fixed.
            "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Your old age is going to suck!

Comment

Wait, it gets worse?

Funny, I'm only ranked in the middle as far as injuries for team riders. I think Matt Hein has by far the most, Lynam in second, and Kirk Thompson and I are tied somewhere in the mix.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
                  Wait, it gets worse?

Funny, I'm only ranked in the middle as far as injuries for team riders. I think Matt Hein has by far the most, Lynam in second, and Kirk Thompson and I are tied somewhere in the mix.
                  Haha you really want the answer?? .

This seems like a pretty bad contest to be having there Dave. It's like the Darwin awards over there.

Comment

Working...
                  X