Tapatalk is "all that"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk is "all that"

I couldn't find the thread that I believe jjue recommended tapatalk for mobile forum use. Absolutely agree. Wonderful app - and no whining about the little piece of change they are asking for the app! Ha ha. Sent from my IPhone while drinking coffee outside. Life is good family. Life is good.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

After starting this little thread, I could not help reflecting on how mobile devices - especially cell phones have changed how we live. Does anyone still remember the public pay phone? They used to be staples at public places like malls and train stations. There were entire banks of them on busy street corners and the better places had very attractive booths that could be used for business. Small table inside and all.

For years, I was one of those monkeys that used his cell phone like well, a phone. I would call and be called. Then, the Iphone came into my life. I never asked for one. The phone I had finally died and when I went for a replacement I was offered a 16GB 3GS as a direct and free replacement. My data plan changed of course but the hardware was free.

I continued to use my phone as a phone. But, ever so slowly, the Iphone crept into my life. It started with a free conversion app. You know, the ones that convert this to that - cm to in for example. Then, I grew concerned about my contact list which required the installation of Itunes to back up. With Itunes come the Itunes store. Apps galore. I now use Dragon Dictate to have my spoken word directly translated to text, Genius Scan to snap good pictures and immediately mail them, Glucose Buddy for my little disease thing, Skype to keep in touch with family in the US, Tapatalk for this forum, on and on. I'm not even mentioning things like the calendar and reminder apps that keep my life chugging along.

So very much good. I think people take things to an extreme of course with all the Facebook and Twitter stuff but that's just one man's opinion.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Comment

I used the tapatalk function for any forums yet. All the forums I peruse are tapatalk compliant though i've always been just happy to look at what I want to on the forums.... I hear a lot of raving about how good it is though so i think I may have to check it out!

And I agree about the iPhone. My girlfriend has had one for a couple years now and I was always saying I'd never own one. I ended up getting one from my company for work to be able to send/view emails/pics etc etc with ease. When I first got it I was the same, just did what I had to, then found a torch, the converter, a db meter and so on and its just spiraled from there. Now I nearly cant live without the bloody thing!! It has everything I need to do, notes etc in it so its very important to my daily life i guess. Its the world we live in now though!

I agree that people over-do it with the twitter/facebook thing, though I dont think it's all bad. I use it a bit (not over-use it like some) to stay in contact with family/friends interstate who I dont talk to regularly on the phone. So I think it has its merits, but is easily overdone!

I think I might go check out this tapatalk thing now....

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
        I think people take things to an extreme of course with all the Facebook and Twitter stuff but that's just one man's opinion.

Comment

Haha, you do realize the Onion News Network is a joke, right?
          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

fourdown,

What exactly did you say you did for a living, again? I seem to recall you said something about working in the Foreign Banking Industry. FBI. A rose by any other name, huh? I think we get it.

Comment

In retrospect, it is I who used to work in the FBI (Foreign Banking Industry). It's worse, now. You don't want to know. Well, I couldn't tell you if I wanted to - I get wiped most days.

Comment

Working...
              X