Summer Vacation in Europe- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Vacation in Europe- Pics

Recently I posted pictures of our wonderful visit with Valmorel (aka Dave Stevens ) and his wife Paula. in the UK. That visit was part of a two week vacation our family took to London, Paris and Rome . The trip was to celebrate our kid's graduation. My daughter just graduated from college and has found a job which she will be starting in a couple of weeks. My son just graduated from high school and will be starting college in the fall. I wanted to share some pictures with everyone of our trip .

Here I am with my son , Jordan , on the bridge in front of the Houses of Parliament in London.

Here is my wife and I in front of the British Museum.

One of the nicest thing we did in Paris was to take an evening bicycle tour from Fat Tire Bike tours . This is a great company run by a group of American kids . You ride through the streets of Paris , sample some gelato , and then end up with an evening boat ride on the Seine with lots of wine and then back on the bikes for a short ride back to the shop , maybe a little bit tipsy from the wine !

Here are my wife and I on our bikes....

Here we are taking a short break from the ride in front the Louvre Museum at night ...

And here is a view of the Eiffel tower all lit up at night .

Next day a trip to Versailles ..
    My kids in front of the Palace ...

Mom and Dad in front of the gardens ...

On to Rome ...
    My son and daughter inside the Colosseum

And here they are at the Trevi Fountain ...

On to the beautiful Amalfi coast of Italy ...
    Here is the seaside town of Amalfi..

Here are my kids after taking their first swim in the Mediterranean sea

On to Pompeii.for a tour of the ruins

Amazing what was preserved in the volcanic eruption so long ago .... Here is a tile picture in an alcove ...

Next day took a tour of the Vatican Museum .... Here is Dad posing with one of the gigantic sculptures....

What a fabulous trip ! Thanks to my wife Liz for all her planning getting this trip arranged for us ...

Flying home over Iceland .... where there is always snow on the permanent glacier fields .. reminder to us all that summer is ending and skiboard season will soon be upon us ...

Hope everyone had a great summer and hope to see many of you this coming winter on the slopes !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Jack, it looks like you and the family had a spectacular trip that I am sure the kids will remember for a life time. Thanks for sharing the pictures with the rest of us. We enjoyed them.

Just curious, is that your skiboarding cap you were wearing?
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
      .... Just curious, is that your skiboarding cap you were wearing?
      yup .. my favorite well worn long billed "expedition" hat , that I wear backcountry skiboarding when it is warm enough not to wear a beanie .... wife thinks I should replace the sweat stained ugly old hat ... but it has sentimental value .. having seen a lot of adventures. LOL !
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
      X