Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If only we could get some skiboarding edits like this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, edits are exactly what they sound to be, an edit of riding. Storytelling is reserved more for videos or episodes of a show or series.

The ski films that consist of shot to shot riding tend to be setup/planned shots of epic proportions. I.E. Revolver, Simon Dumont road gaps, train-taps. While these films tend to have less storyline they are intended more to display the progression of the sport. In fact, both the trailer and introduction for the film clearly stated that intention. If you are looking for a film that carries more of a storyline and include freestyle riding I would check out Eye Trip.

Often films are produced with intended audiences. Different people want to see different things in a film. There are many people on this forum who get bored by watching trick-to-trick editing while other people can’t get enough of it. In the same token many people on here love to see videos of groomer and pow riding while others can’t view more than 30 seconds of such a video. I don’t think you in a small majority all. In fact, I feel that what people desire on this forum is just about split down the middle. It really does take a series or video with an intended audience to showcase by the lifestyle and riding of a person or group. Unfortunately, we don’t see many people posting riding other than park outside of The Junk Show, which tries to cater to all audiences. The earlier episodes aimed more at the lifestyle aspect while the later episodes included that while focusing more in riding. Do I feel that The Junk Show does just that, split an equal balance of lifestyle and riding? No, but that is not my intention for every single episode. Some cover more lifestyle while some cover more riding. But, again it is about intended audience. I know that certain episodes will catch more attention from one group while other episodes will catch attention from others. While my intentions with The Junk Show are for everyone to enjoy (I have been asking for suggestions for quite some time) I will be the first to say that my short edits are all park riding because that is what I enjoy most.

That being said, I encourage as many people as possible to put out content for the different variety of viewers that we have here on the forum. Since you feel that this is all lacking and I know you are definitely not part of just a small minority, how about step in and put out an edit with some sort of storyline? ☺ GoPros, Contours, Flips, and other HD and non-HD cameras are inexpensive enough that I would hope we see a lot more edits/videos put up on the forum from everyone. I know Jack is always doing some exciting backcountry hiking and riding. I would absolutely LOVE to see that documented and shown on here. I remember seeing a video of groomer riding, tumbling, and just plain fun on here a few months ago. I would love to see more of that. I think everyone could be contributing much more than they are already. I absolutely agree with you and hope that it catches on.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

how about step in and put out an edit with some sort of storyline? ☺
      Heh heh - yup, I'm armchair quarterbacking, and talk is cheap...

I'm going to see if I can sort out a camera rig this summer, so I'll see what I can shoot next season. I can't imagine anyone would be at all interested in my skiboarding skills, but the technical exercise should be interesting.

Scribbler

Comment

Well, for starters I am definitely interested in seeing. I am always interested and stoked on seeing what people are doing and putting together. So, do it up.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

you should for sure do it up man. its always good to see edits put up from everyone. im always stoked to see other people killing it in there own ways. and of course always love getting the feed back from you guys on the forum. next season is going to be crazy we are going to have an amazing crew out in colorado at the revel8/junk show house.

Comment

Working...
          X