Garywayne skis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garywayne skis

First time Garywayners Schmear Blackcomb, Aprill 11, 2011. from garywayne on Vimeo.

Seems like quite an odd design to me, but looks amazing in pow, and not all that bad on groomers. Not all that long either.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Those are so odd looking. I don't see how they could be good for anything.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I really liked the line they were on and the apparent condition of the snow. I especially liked that they were having fun. Kind of a lot of trees though - ha ha. Great stuff. Really interesting ski shape. Hmm.
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

they're basically shaped like boats, or gun surfboards, which makes sense in deep powder where the medium becomes more three dimensional just like liquid water in the ocean. cool!
        Spruce 120s!!!
        KTPs
        BWPs
        Extreme II bindings w/ Rossignol Soft Light 1 boots; snowboard bindings w/ "strut" garage riser and boa snowboard boots; Spruce composite risers/C609 bindings
        Snowjam 75s for da kids; Summit 85s for kids' friends and the occasional odd experiment

Comment

"garywayne skis are designed to be the ultimate powder ski. They feature Omnidirectional technology, which is full rocker, full reverse sidecut, and a revolutionary convex base. The combination of these three factors allows for smoother transitions between turns and a greater ability to drift while still being able to set an edge.

The 180mm waist provides superior flotation, while the narrow tip and tail keep the swing weight down. This severe reverse side cut gives the ski a streamlined shape, providing a smoother ride by allowing more area of the ski to affect fresh snow. The side to side rocker, or convex base, lets you roll over from edge to edge on such a fat ski. It also keeps the leading edge off the snow and free from catching anything during a turn or drift"

SO weird. kudos for innovation, though.

www.sfc-usa.com

Comment

and by watching the videos on the Vimeo channel, they seem to work quite well. I'd like to really see some groomer though, I have a feeling they'd be odd handling there.
            2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Originally posted by MitchK View Post
              and by watching the videos on the Vimeo channel, they seem to work quite well. I'd like to really see some groomer though, I have a feeling they'd be odd handling there.

garywayne omnidirectional skiing from garywayne on Vimeo.

Comment

Working...
              X