Looking for Sherpas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Sherpas

I have a pair of Spruce 120s I love (and an older pair of Canon M7, both with spruce risers). Lately I've been migrating to more off-piste powder skiing, and I'm looking to upgrade to the Sherpas. I'm a big guy and I want the extra float; the extra stability when going fast on icy days would also be nice :-).

Of course, with my luck, they are sold out on SBOL :-( It seems that Jeff won't be making another batch for a while, and I'm relocating overseas in a couple of months so I'd really like to get a pair soon. If I wait for next year I'll have to deal with the hassle of international shipping.

So, does anyone have a used pair for sale? Or maybe someone who finds the Sherpas to be just a bit "too big" would be interested in a trade deal for the 120s or even the M7s (which are 1m)? They are used (of course) but in good shape (I'd be happy to provide images etc.).

Good luck with your search. It may be hard to pry a pair away from someone.

You may also want to consider the Condors. Coming from 3 very enjoyable seasons on the 120 Spruces, I find the Condors to be a very capable on and off-piste skiboard. Now that I am becoming a stronger rider (at least in my own mind), I like the shorter length in all conditions.

Then you can pick up a pair of Sherpas when they are available again and you will have 4 pairs of skiboards.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Did you really find the Condors to be a better off-piste board than the 120s?
      I take it for granted they wouldn't be as good for an icy day.
      "Some say that skis are proved in powder, some say in ice" and all that :-)

Comment

Originally posted by orenbenkiki View Post
        Did you really find the Condors to be a better off-piste board than the 120s?
        I take it for granted they wouldn't be as good for an icy day.
        "Some say that skis are proved in powder, some say in ice" and all that :-)
        Yes they are because of the extra float compared to the 120s. Much less swing of the tips in choppy conditions and easier on the legs. I am about 180 pounds and 5' 11" for reference.

As for ice, I have not ridden super icy conditions, only very hard packed groomers and the Condors perform very well for me. Others who have ridden icy conditions have claimed the Condors as being better than the 120s.
        sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

You might get extra inserts with next year's Sherpas allowing a setback. Jeff is thinking about this on next year's boards. It's worth waiting if you won't be skiing them until next year. Also I'm sure the new graphics will be superb on the new boards. Graphics get better every year.

Wendell
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

The Condors sound interesting but I assume the Sherpas will be even better :-) As for nifty graphics, I appreciate them of course, but I don't see waiting for next year just for that.

Anyway, I scored an almost brand-new pair of Sherpas, with the powder plates too! They are on the way now, with luck I'll be able to test these puppies this season before I move. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by orenbenkiki View Post
              The Condors sound interesting but I assume the Sherpas will be even better :-) As for nifty graphics, I appreciate them of course, but I don't see waiting for next year just for that.

Anyway, I scored an almost brand-new pair of Sherpas, with the powder plates too! They are on the way now, with luck I'll be able to test these puppies this season before I move. Sweet!

Good to hear that it all worked out. Be sure to write a review once you get some time on the Sherpas.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X