X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small review, yet alot of information

Hi,
    I asume there’s room for a small introduction:
    I’ve been snowblading for 8 years. The last year though, I started to feel limited so I did some research towards twintip skis (freestyle skis). After a few hours on the infamous world wide web, I went to see a local ski-dealer. He advised a pair of Salomon Suspects. It seemed to be a great pair of twintips, so I did some post-research (as I’d call it). Everything seemed fine. The only thing left for me was to try a pair of freestyle skis. Luckily, a local indoor ski-resort offered a nice pair of Rossignol twintips for rent. Attaching the boots was a real pleasure, since I was used to the non-release bindings, but that’s where the positive side ends. The things felt huge and very uncomfortable. Towards the end of the short session (about two hours), they became to feel slightly more natural, but they still remained rag. I tried some boxes and small jumps, and although they were more comfortable to land on, they (someway) frightened me.

Being very disapointed in the twintip skis, I began to search for ‘better’ snowblades (as I called them). One way or another I found out about Revel 8. It seemed to be the only brand that offered a few different decent models. Also, the Revel 8 website looked reliable. Further on, I discovered SBOL, joined the forum and so the story began. Reading reviews (www.skiboardreview.com), reading how great the customer service was, etc.

I soon felt very familiar with the entire skiboard society, and really wanted to be involved.

I decided I wanted to go with a pair of KTP’s and Revel8 receptor bindings. (I was confident enough to try these, since I had read about a lot of people who switched from regular blades to these rather wide boards)
    The next step was buying them. I’ve had rather bad experiences with shipping and customs from the USA (I live in Belgium), so I began to look for a European dealer. I couldn’t find any on Google, so I checked the forum and I saw Greco recommend Martins (Allz, from Allz skiboards) to someone. I sent Martins an e-mail, which he responded to very quickly. We arranged all details and within a few days I received a pair of 2010 KTP’s and red Revel8 Receptors. Nicely shipped from Latvia and without a lot of extra costs.
    Well, let’s cut off the introduction here.

On topic now...

Today I went to a local indoor slope. At about a 30 minute drive, this is the ideal place to go. During the first run I was very careful (I don’t have a helmet YET), so I just tried some basic carving. I heard the KTP’s were rather hard to get them on the edges, but that went rather smooth. They just didn’t feel as rag as the 171 twintip skis. What I felt was stability, stability, stability. These things are made to be ridden aggressively! And that’s just what I did. After a few runs, I decided to nail some boxes.
    I was able to do frontside grinds really easily, whereas my friends on twintips were falling a lot! I was amazed!

The receptors felt like they kept me in direct touch with my board, without having to worry about anything.

Once again, I’m amazed by this great community and everyone's kindness and commitment.
    This is a way to thank all of you great people out there, rather than an ordinary review.

Thank you!

Jens
    2010 KTP
    2010Receptors
    2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Glad you found the forum and the KTPs. They are great boards ... I love them.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Receptors + KTP

Great combinations!!! =)

I loved them too

How do you do front tip grinding? can you teach me?
      2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Originally posted by JPARK View Post
        Receptors + KTP

Great combinations!!! =)

I loved them too

How do you do front tip grinding? can you teach me?
        They indeed are great!

I didn't mean front tip grinding, I just meant grinding with my right foot downhill .
        2010 KTP
        2010Receptors
        2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Working...
        X