Touring/Backcountry Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nm13 View Post
    Do they go directly into the top plate or are there inserts in the right places (probably not). Do you have to drill the top plate or do you use self tapping screws?
    jeff singer at spruce drilled the custom metal plates in the standard fritschi pattern ... i just screwed my fritschi binding in with the screws provided with the binding.
    if you are going the two plate route yourself .. just send jeff singer at spruce an email and he will tell you exactly the dimensions of the plates and what he did to drill them ..
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

How far into the top sheet do the screws go? Sounds like you didn't need to drill for this protrusion.

Comment

How far into the top sheet do the screws go? Sounds like you didn't need to drill for this protrusion.
        not much at all it is more like a dimple or indent into the top sheet the way that jeff singer designed the low riser plates .. i did not drill at all .
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Jack, What do you think of these T nuts - http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9994 ?
          Seems like it might be possible to use them without drilling all the way through the base, eliminating the need for epoxy or ptex filler. With an accurate measuring job it seems like anyone with a decent drill press ought to be able to install them.
          Thanks,
          Todd

Comment

Jack, What do you think of these T nuts - http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9994 ?
            Seems like it might be possible to use them without drilling all the way through the base, eliminating the need for epoxy or ptex filler. With an accurate measuring job it seems like anyone with a decent drill press ought to be able to install them.
            Thanks,
            Todd
            Todd , unfortunately , the problem with all top mounted insert solutions such as that one .. rely on the wood core to hold the insert in and to avoid the whole insert being pulled out of the core ... spruce boards as well as revel8 skiboards are not designed with a core that allows such a top mounted insert to hold securely . the spruce and the revel8 boards , like snowboards require a through the bottom t nut insert solution
            Boards :
            Boots
            Bindings:

Comment

Have you, Jack, or has anybody here ever tried skiboarding with telemark boots and bindings, maybe during a backcountry expedition or on some other occasion? I've always wondered how telemark-skiboarding would feel on a pair of longer skiboards such as the ALP's, Condors, Spruce 120's or Sherpas.

Comment

Originally posted by snowhow View Post
                Have you, Jack, or has anybody here ever tried skiboarding with telemark boots and bindings, maybe during a backcountry expedition or on some other occasion? I've always wondered how telemark-skiboarding would feel on a pair of longer skiboards such as the ALP's, Condors, Spruce 120's or Sherpas.
                yes snowhow , i have used telemark bindings extensively on the sherpas , and the spruce 120's ...the bindings work great for backcountry touring ,

here is a link with some information and how i designed custom risers for telemark bindings

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=10532
                Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                  yes snowhow , i have used telemark bindings extensively on the sherpas , and the spruce 120's ...the bindings work great for backcountry touring ,

here is a link with some information and how i designed custom risers for telemark bindings

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=10532
                  Thanks a lot, Jack! That link answered all my questions and then some.

Comment

Working...
                  X