No announcement yet.

Blading tips to help with skiboarding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blading tips to help with skiboarding.

I am looking for tips on rollerblading to help for my first skiboarding adventure in a few weeks. I try to blade at least 3 times a week, one perk to living in Florida! I don't do tricks, or any aggressive moves, I just blade for fitness and recreation. I am very comfortable on my blades, but I didn't know if there was anything I should be focusing on to make my first skiboarding trip easier for me. I'm scared, frankly, of trying to hockey stop on my blades. In my neighborhood where I blade, the pavement doesn't look very easy to hockey stop on, so I just end up using my brake to stop. I know it''ll be easier to stop on snow, since the boards will slide easier than my wheels on bumpy pavement. So if you have any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate it!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

I'm not a very good blader, but what I used to do to stop was dragging one feet horizontally.
    Like this:

| _

The "|" is your left foot, and the "_" is your right foot.

This doesn't seem to be very clear, but let me know if you don't understand!
    2010 KTP
    2010Receptors
    2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

I wouldnt try to Hockey Stop on rollerblades, many failed cess slides has shown me that you will catch the wheels, your feet stop, body continues to move. Never works out well, on skiboards it is easy. Before my first skioarding adventure I just did a bunch of fakie riding before, some spins, and the usual stuff. Skiboarding just felt really natural coming from rolling. The only real difference was pumping on flat ground, the extra length requires a different technique than the typical sidestep/running start on wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post
        I'm not a very good blader, but what I used to do to stop was dragging one feet horizontally.
        Like this:

| _

The "|" is your left foot, and the "_" is your right foot.

This doesn't seem to be very clear, but let me know if you don't understand!
        Yeah, T-stopping is what I always did. Just make sure the horizontal foot is the one behind you, otherwise you'll eat it same way as you would trying to hockey stop.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

Yeah, I'm too terrified to try hockey stops on my blades. The few times I've tried, my blades don't slide, they just stop, and I go flying. I think I could do it on really smooth blacktop or concrete, not what I have access to. I try not to t-stop, it chews up my wheels too fast, so I stick to my brake. I will certainly polish up my fakie riding and some spins. I just wish I had some very slight inclines to blade down to work on my stability at faster speeds, but there aren't ANY hills in Florida! Thanks!
          If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
          www.GetFitnessFast.com
          www.FastFitShake.com
          www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
          '07 BWP's
          2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
          Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

yeah, GlassEye has it right on hockey stops on Rollerblades, don't do them. (I've had the same failed cess slide teacher on that one)
            2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

You can practice hockey stops on blades. But as said before it needs to be smooth pavement/blacktop. I use to play hockey on a boarded in tennis court where the pavement was ideal for hockey stops.
              Stayed tuned for my review on the 2010 Salomon SPK KAOS boots!!

Revel8 Revolt Trees
              Revel8 Black Receptor Bindings
              2010 Salomon SPK KAOS Boots

Comment

The hockey stop on blades is a bit different but can be done easily. It's kinda like the T-stop, but backwards. Instead of having both feet sideways like in hockey or skiboards/skiing, your front foot would be sideways, but your back foot will be rolling backwards. It seems complicated when I try to explain it, but when it's done in one fluid motion, it's pretty simple.

-Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by k21975 View Post
                  The hockey stop on blades is a bit different but can be done easily. It's kinda like the T-stop, but backwards. Instead of having both feet sideways like in hockey or skiboards/skiing, your front foot would be sideways, but your back foot will be rolling backwards. It seems complicated when I try to explain it, but when it's done in one fluid motion, it's pretty simple.

-Kevin
                  Yap, that's very easy too! But, after 2-3 high speed stops, take a look at your wheels haha when i was a kid i love to do that, to bad i dont keep those fitness wheels so i could show the result
                  AAAAAAAAAAALPs 09 !

Comment

Working...
                  X