Running nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running nose

What type of ski board gear can I purchase so my nose stops running? (serious question)... Kindof
    Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
    Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
    "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
    Real Age: 20
    "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

annoying nose is annoying
    Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
    Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
    "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
    Real Age: 20
    "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

I believe some companies make gloves with soft nose wipe areas sewn into the thumb of the glove.

Comment

Yes, of course, many gloves are made with snot pads. I think they actually claim you can do things like wipe your goggles off with the pad but it's really there for snot. If it's a serious issue, I'd go to the dollar store, purchase one of those bungy cord key holder type things, get a snot rag, punch a hole in it and hang it off the holder instead of keys. You could stuff it in a pocket or just let it hang off your belt or something. My nose runs, too. While not the sexiest part of skiboarding what I do is pull off to the side of the lane, take my gloves off, blow my nose into my hands, clean them up with snow and then reach in my pocket and wipe my nose and hands off with a small hand towel I have in a pocket. Of course, that's when I get all filled up. Normally, I wipe my nose off with my hand towel that I carry in a thigh pocket while in the lift line.
        "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Just incase you werent aware...

The runny nose is caused by cold air condensing in your nose. So anything that prevents/deters the air getting to your nose cold will do the trick. I've always used thick shemaghs trimmed to fit and never had an issue. Wear it like you would wear a bandanna around your nose and mouth.

they're not incredibly visually appealing. Then again, neither are half of the things people wear on the slopes these days so i suppose it fits in just fine

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-shemagh.html

Comment

^That's a bad idea, lol.

Especially in this country

Comment

Well, perhaps a different color other than that red/white pattern. And I would definitely just wear it over the face and neck.

Personally, I've taken to using a nice long scarf wrapped around my neck a couple times. So far, I've had better luck with it than with a traditional head sleeve.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                ^That's a bad idea, lol.

Our military wears them too!

Comment

runny nose

How about the gore winstopper 'warmer' one here...

http://www.bikegearforgirls.co.uk/pr...er_warmers.php

Can be pulled up over your nose and is windproof and breathable...

...ignore the site name....

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                    ^That's a bad idea, lol.

LOL, yeah I'd stay away from west virginia or pennsylvania wearing that

I bought this and friggin LOVE IT http://cgi.ebay.com/Fleece-Hood-Bala...item5ad662a8aa

however there are other balaclavas that have mouth holes to breath easier http://cgi.ebay.com/Outdoor-Mens-Win...item518fe20452
                    Snow Line Mike Nick Pros - Line FF Pro "red" bindings - Atomic Hawx 80 boots
                    Street Razor Cult 7

Comment

Working...
                    X