Concerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerts

Man it's been awhile since I was last here haha.

So... Yesterday I was checking the net for concerts this year in Alberta, I was startled to find that there was maybe 10 shows set for this year... What's HAPPENING? Wilco was probably the only band I'm interested in thats playing. Who do you think you want to see this year?

I'm going to make a wild wish that Phish will make a decision to actually come to Canada. :P
    Join the Unconscious Cousciousness

Favorite Bands: Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, Tool, Phish, Mastodon, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Genesis, Black Mountain, Beatles, Sublime, Nirvana, The Pixies, Screaming Trees, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and SO MANY MORE!!

High Fives DOOD! sigpic

You've gotta just keep your eyes and ears open for smaller local shows and the like. On average I go to 20+ concerts in a year, mostly local hardcore/punk/metal, but more and more electronic music (dubstep/psytrance mostly). If you've got a wide taste in music, in places with a decent music scene (I know it has a decent metal scene) you can probably find something to go to at least a couple times per month.

Went to Infected Mushroom last week, a free show with some local DJs including Mat the Alien is tomorrow, and another Dubstep show is coming up on Feb 5th that I'm going to, and there are about 10 other shows coming up that I might hit. That's all in the next two months.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

I'm seeing Billy Talent in next week on monday and Hatebreed/Machinehead/All Shall Perish/Bleeding through on friday!

Also, I'm playing a lot of gigs myself (www.myspace.com/soulsharkmusic)! In Belgium we have some of the best open air festivals in the world (Rock Werchter, Graspop metal meeting, Pukkelpop)!
      2010 KTP
      2010Receptors
      2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Mat the Alien was a great show on Friday (if you like electronic/dance and he plays a show near you, go see him. He plays every tuesday in Whistler too).

Propa Tingz coming up on Feb 5th, pretty stoked for that.

Comment

Billy Talent is awesome.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post
            I'm seeing Billy Talent in next week on monday and Hatebreed/Machinehead/All Shall Perish/Bleeding through on friday!

Also, I'm playing a lot of gigs myself (www.myspace.com/soulsharkmusic)! In Belgium we have some of the best open air festivals in the world (Rock Werchter, Graspop metal meeting, Pukkelpop)!
            I've been wanting to see Machine head now for many years. They almost never come to Minnesota though. Next time they come within 400 miles I'm there though. Let me know how the concert ranks up there for you though when it's all over. Very jealous. I love Hatebreed too.
            08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosAura View Post
              You've gotta just keep your eyes and ears open for smaller local shows and the like. On average I go to 20+ concerts in a year, mostly local hardcore/punk/metal, but more and more electronic music (dubstep/psytrance mostly). If you've got a wide taste in music, in places with a decent music scene (I know it has a decent metal scene) you can probably find something to go to at least a couple times per month.

Went to Infected Mushroom last week, a free show with some local DJs including Mat the Alien is tomorrow, and another Dubstep show is coming up on Feb 5th that I'm going to, and there are about 10 other shows coming up that I might hit. That's all in the next two months.
              We get alot of local shows here, they're mostly hardcore/screamo and I'm just not into that stuff. If there were more jam bands in my area it would be alot easier for me.

And I'm surprised you mention Infected Mushroom! I only know about two other people who like them.
              Join the Unconscious Cousciousness

Favorite Bands: Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, Tool, Phish, Mastodon, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Genesis, Black Mountain, Beatles, Sublime, Nirvana, The Pixies, Screaming Trees, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and SO MANY MORE!!

High Fives DOOD! sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's true enough. That's most of the local stuff that I go to.

And Infected is wicked live. If you get a chance, see them.

Comment

Originally posted by swallowevil View Post
                  I've been wanting to see Machine head now for many years. They almost never come to Minnesota though. Next time they come within 400 miles I'm there though. Let me know how the concert ranks up there for you though when it's all over. Very jealous. I love Hatebreed too.
                  I'll try to remember that!

All Shall Perish cancelled, so that quite sucks (no replacement)!

ChaosAura,

I've seen Infected Mushroom a few times (Graspop, Belgium). Quite an awesome band, indeed!
                  2010 KTP
                  2010Receptors
                  2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Yeah, I've seen them live twice now, and I really can't think of any shows that quite compare. They're actually on stage for so long, Its fairly amazing. I think this last time they got on (With the full band, not just as DJs) at about, 10:30 or so, changed to just the DJs at about midnight, and played straight till 2:30 when the venue kicked them off (A half hour later then they were supposed to stop).

Comment

Working...
                    X