X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac.Jarvis View Post
    Your moms meme is played out
    Isaac Jarvis,

Oh, SNAP. You didn't just start a "Yo' Mama" thread. Aiight.

Yo' Mama's so fat she sat on a Nintendo Gamecube and it turned into a gameboy

Yo' Mama's so ugly that when she was born the doctors had to fit her incubator with tinted windows.

Yo Mama's so dumb that she tripped over a cordless phone.

Oh, it's on, now.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
      i don't believe this is a concern with the Revel8 boards as the inserts are octagonal at the base and epoxied in. in 5 years we've never had a report of one stripping out. i've see it with other manufacturers but not R8.

g
      I think by stripping the inserts he means stripping out the threads. If you take a threaded fastener and tighten it excessively, either the insert threads or the screw threads (whichever is the softer material) will strip off just because of the physics of how they work.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
        Do Spruce use similar inserts epoxied in on the 120s and Sherpas Greco?
        they do.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
          I think by stripping the inserts he means stripping out the threads. If you take a threaded fastener and tighten it excessively, either the insert threads or the screw threads (whichever is the softer material) will strip off just because of the physics of how they work.
          never have had anyone call with that issue either but we have extra screws and taps so shouldn't be a problem either.

Comment

I think the phillips drive would probably spin out before the threads would strip or the insert would break loose from over tightening. The main danger to the threads on inserts is likely crossthreading, but I've done a LOT of binding swapping and never had that happen, either. It's an extremely foolproof system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I think the phillips drive would probably spin out before the threads would strip or the insert would break loose from over tightening.
              I agree Bill. I have gone though a number of screws because of over tightening and it is the philips drive in the screw head that fails. A good choice of screw head for that reason.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
              X