No announcement yet.

KTP all around board???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I loose some speed lets say compared to the ALPS? And what are some other good brands of skiboards other than Revel 8 and snowjam? Is there anything comparable

Comment

Originally posted by Karim2694 View Post
      Will I loose some speed lets say compared to the ALPS? And what are some other good brands of skiboards other than Revel 8 and snowjam? Is there anything comparable
      nothing compares to R8 in my opinion.
      no companies make skiboards this wide. and at this high quality.

I liked Revolt and ALP. but for now my fav. is KTP.
      carves great, very stable on rails and jumps.
      i guess ALP could be better at landing since it's little longer.

KTP is just simply a beauty. but you gotta ride them aggressively.
      2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

If you're looking at going with something less than a longboard (like the Spruce 120's or Sherpas) then your main worthwhile options are Revel8, Allz, SnowJam, and Summit. The Allz only come in 94cm length, so are not going to be great in powder, but are quality boards and work on a bit tighter of a budget than Revel8 or Summit boards. Revel8 has a much wider selection than Summit and much better customer service behind the product. SnowJams are best for someone on a budget and mostly looking for cruising boards.

Basically, the quality you'll get is reflected directly in the price. If you want the best all-around board, you're going to pay the price tag for it. If you're willing to make some sacrifices in performance, then it will be a little less cash.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

It's incredible how helpfull you guys are!

I had about the same questions and this thread has brought a lot of clarity!

Since I live in Belgium (Europe), I'll be ordering them via Allz as soon as he gets back form his ski-trip! Can't wait to get on these!
          2010 KTP
          2010Receptors
          2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Just wanted to say if you're leaning towards the KTPs go for it. I've ridden 8-10 different skiboards now, from 83cm to 130cm and the KTPs are the boards I always go back to. They are the perfect board if you ask me. Plus, I haven't even tried the setback option yet, I feel like it'll be two boards in one when I do. As for bindings I use FF pros. Usually you can snag them from ebay, on here or via craigslist if you use crazedlist.org to search across the country. I've picked up multiple boards/bindings for cheap using that tool, mostly older Line boards. Good luck, and like I said, you can't go wrong with the KTP or any R8 boards for that matter.
            08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Originally posted by JPARK View Post
              nothing compares to R8 in my opinion.
              KTP is just simply a beauty. but you gotta ride them aggressively.
              agree'd
              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

will the line bindings fit size 13 1/2 boots?
                And jens I couldnt agree more. This site is one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Karim2694 View Post
                  Alright thanks dis. And jjue I guess Ill stick to the receptors. Do the wider boards help with landing and grinding? Or does it interfere
                  The width helps a lot with grinding and jumps. When you come down off a jump, you have a much bigger platform to land on, and it feels more solid. On rails, the extra width gives you more stability hands down.

Comment

Thats what I thought kirk. I think the boards are right for me. I just have to find a good deal and buy them

Comment

Jens,

Where at in Belgium? As a younger man I lived in Sirault (near Mons) for a few years. Despite have lived in the South I think I miss Gent/Brugge the most. Well, right after ice cold, Leffe blonde on tap. I don't miss Brussels so much (I tended to prefer Antwerpen). I never did get used to street names changing at every intersection, street signs 8 meters up that are the size of a pack of cigarettes or roads that go from blacktop to cobblestone to dirt to giant potholes every 20 meters. But, there was that 24 hour silent movie theater near the Grand Platz.... Oh hell, it was the people who were the best anyway. Love 'em.
                      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                        Jens,

Where at in Belgium? As a younger man I lived in Sirault (near Mons) for a few years. Despite have lived in the South I think I miss Gent/Brugge the most. Well, right after ice cold, Leffe blonde on tap. I don't miss Brussels so much (I tended to prefer Antwerpen). I never did get used to street names changing at every intersection, street signs 8 meters up that are the size of a pack of cigarettes or roads that go from blacktop to cobblestone to dirt to giant potholes every 20 meters. But, there was that 24 hour silent movie theater near the Grand Platz.... Oh hell, it was the people who were the best anyway. Love 'em.
                        That's awesome Mahatma! I live in Gent. I don't like Brussels either (quite a violent city), but Brugge and Antwerp are very nice cities.

On the beer-side, I prefer Leffe blonde on bottle. Or Karmeliet, Achel, Orval, ...
                        Belgium has the best beers in the world for sure!

There's an indoor slope at Terneuzen (The Netherlands) now. That's about a 30min drive from where I live. I can't wait for the KTP's to arrive!
                        2010 KTP
                        2010Receptors
                        2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Working...
                        X