KTPS vs. ALPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTPS vs. ALPS

Ive searched this before but I really didnt find what I was looking for, so I decided to post this.

Now,
    I am looking to really start getting into skiboarding. Before I was just a casual rider, I would borrow friends boards and rent on occasion, but I really want my own. I have my mind set on either the KTPS or ALPS and I can't decide.

I'm coming from a long time skiing background and occasionaly some skateboarding. I really like the versatility of the KTPS but the ALPS look they could also get the job done.

Ill be riding everywhere. Pow, a decent amount of park, some groomers, and everything in between. I do need something that will withstand some park. I love to grind and do tricks sometimes.

Also what bindings should I go with. I know I want nonrelease but I don't know exactly what brand.

So help me decide guys what should I buy??
    As always all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karim

Note this comment is personal preference only and may be different from what you experience.

I love my KTPs... Honestly, I'm considering getting a pair of ALPs, but would prefer to spend the money on new outerwear than new boards as I'm not fussed to continue riding the KTPs. Besides getting caught in real soft slush at Whakapapa last year, they have never let me down. Even then it was easy to float it.

Now, as said this will be different for you... Height and weight are good bits of information to have when suggesting boards.

And for bindings... I recommend trying the new Revel8 Receptors... I run the Bomber EliteIIs currently, but would not hesitate in getting a pair of R8s as they seem to be quite similar, maybe even superior.
    '09 Revel8 KTPs
    Bomber EliteII Bindings
    '08 Tecnica The Agent 100s

Comment

Im 6'1 and 170

Comment

i have some ktps and am waiting on some alps.....i can let you know.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

if you wood manleium I would appreciate it.

Comment

I own both now.

but I must say my 1st choice is KTPs.
            I like its stiffness. it helps me to carve aggressively. I go to park many times even if I am not that skilled, i like to go on parks and do rails and jumps.
            ALPs could be little better on landing because they are little longer. but KTP didn't let me down once. I also ride lots of grooms (since i dont get pow in my neighborhood), it works great on groomers.

for ALP.
            I must say i love the graphics (2010 ALPdors). i think that's one of my favorite R8 graphics.
            I loved my KTP so much i was about to sell my ALP. but I just couldn't. I just couldn't let them go. They also ride very nicely on Grooms as well.
            but i think i can ride more aggressively on KTP than ALP. I also took them to rails and jumps. works just fine as KTPs.

If you are aggressive rider, i would def. recommend KTPs.
            if not, i think any one of them should work for you. choose the one that matches your outfit prob?? because they both are great.
            neither of them will let you down.

for bindings. i got bomber elite 2 as well. they are great. but they're sold out and expensive. I also got new Receptor (R8). based on what i 've heard so far, they are also very good bindings. and they are cheaper than bomber elite 2.
            I like my skiboards to be light. so i like the weight of bomber and receptor being so light. (that's why i just got rid of release bindings. i might get another pair of release when i get older)

so yeah.. this was my personal opinion and experiences on KTP and ALP.
            it could be little different to others. =P
            2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

if you want, you can get one pair as new
              and another used from this forum. i see lots of KTP and ALP on sale now.
              2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

I think Im going with KTPS

Comment

Working...
                X