Summit Nomad 99cm's with Spruce Risers+Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Nomad 99cm's with Spruce Risers+Bindings

I was wondering if anyone knows if Spruce Risers+Bindings can be mounted onto Summit Nomad 99cm boards?

Also, any thoughts about Summit 99cm boards in general would be much appreciated... they sound good based on reviews I've seen elsewhere, but I want to get as many opinions as possible (especially vs other boards, i.e. Allz 94cm which I'm also considering from SBOL).

Thanks!
    Brian

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
       Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
       Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
       Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
    Bindings
       Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
       Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
    Other
       Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
       Sims T22 Omen helmet

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum . !
    although I haven't ridden the summit nomads .. . i own the original summit 110 and also a variety of revel 8 boards , i have not ridden the allz boards. i think the summits are good quality skiboards and are being heavily discounted now by summit , that being said , i think that you might want to consider the equivalent board in the revel 8 line up which would be the bwp 98cm board , the allz that you mention would also be an excellent board , both the allz and the bwp are very sweet rides and you would be very happy on them , i am sure, if you are looking for a dimension similar to the nomad .
    if you are considering a summit product . please call greco and let him know and he may be able to give you a similar deal on a revel 8 product ..
    i strongly recommend revel8 products and products sold by sbol , not only because they are excellent skiboards but because you are with your purchase supporting a company and online retailer that is completely dedicated to skiboarding and skiboarders and the growth of our sport which cannot ,unfortunately, be said about skiboards.com ,
    i know as a newcomer here to this site , you may not understand why so many of us have a fierce loyalty to Sbol and to Revel8 and Spruce products .. but t his is a community with a history , and many of us here are dedicated to adavancing our sport and in supporting companies that are on the front lines with us and committed to advancing this sport and our community of riders .. we will not bad mouth good products and the summmit 110 , summit 99 nomad , and the summit maruader 125 are true skiboard products of good quality but Revel 8 and Spruce products are the equal or better of these summit products in performance and quality and many of us choose by what we buy to make a statement about where our hard earned money should go ..

ps .
    the spruce riser can be used with the nomad which has 4x4 inserts that will accomodate the spruce riser system

happy riding whatever board you choose . and remember that whatever board you choose to buy or ride you are fully welcome here on this forum!
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum,

A few other considerations are:

Shipping fees since you are in Canada: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7274

What boards are appropriate for your height, weight and anticipated terrain: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7115

Customer Service: SBOL/Greco cannot be matched by anyone else.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by bri_guy View Post
        I was wondering if anyone knows if Spruce Risers+Bindings can be mounted onto Summit Nomad 99cm boards?

Also, any thoughts about Summit 99cm boards in general would be much appreciated...
        Brian
        Brian,

I have a pair of Summit Nomad 99's from a few years back. I've ridden them a few times and now use them for loaner boards. They are good quality, competent skiboards. I've used them to introduce several folks to skiboarding with good results. As Jack pointed out, they will positively work with the Spruce riser/binding system.

If you're interested in Spruce risers, check out the "holiday special" on SBOL going on right now which includes a Spruce 120 skiboard complete with Spruce Risers for not much more than the cost of the binding kit alone. The 120 may or may not be what you're looking for but it's my personal favorite ride, and the riser-binding set will work on any skiboard ever made with standard 4x4 or 4x10 inserts.

Comment

I did a review last year:
          http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=6558
          You can also find it here:
          http://www.skiboardreview.com/nomad.html

And remember that SkiboardReview.com is the first place you should look when thinking about buying new boards. Best research tool I can think of other than sbol
          Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____
          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Thanks for all the information, and the warm welcomes!

I definitely want to support the SBOL community any way I can, whether it comes down to replying to threads, posting pics/videos, sperading the word, or actually buying boards. So far I just haven't been able to find anything in a 99cm length on the site that meets my budget, and also isn't too wide. Hence the Summit's seemed like a good alternative, and received really good reviews on skiboardreview.com.

@Bill: I know about the Spruce 120cm special. Almost seems too good to be true! Unfortunately it's a bit on the long side for me.

My strongest contender for boards still remain the Allz 94's which just look so damn awesome!! (I honestly find the Summit 99's really ugly). At this point though I'm not sure how 94's will feel. It's sort of an odd length. Recently I've rented both Elan 90's and Elan 99's, and I find the 99's more stable, so it's tough to tell how the 94's will feel.

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
               Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
               Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
               Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
            Bindings
               Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
               Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
            Other
               Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
               Sims T22 Omen helmet

Comment

If you have budget concerns I'd recommend talking to Greco. He'll get you set up in your budget with great gear.

Comment

Working...
              X