Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you actually get to the mountain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you are saying. My main issue is really how low the car is. With the drop and the front lip, and the slightly lower profile tires on my winter set, I am literally less than 2 inches off the ground. :O

Us Long Islanders generally don't get the full out Snow tires because we generally only get 3 or 4 days in the year where we really need them. Hence, we get the performance snow tires for the rest of the winter days when it's just cold out. It lets us go fast(er) on the dry weather and get better traction.

Comment

werd. sounds like you need an old beater pickup truck. hehe....maybe you can rent something cheap when you head north?
      ~harry

@HarrySiii
      -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
      -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
      -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
      -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

98 Forester. I love it.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

Last few years I drove an MK3 Supra(1JZ) everywhere. It never let me down and it handled very well on snow and ice. I always laughed at people that said RWDs are not good in the winter. Sure I was drifting most of the time but it was very controlled. In case of really bad snow I had tire cables

Unfortunately salt got the better of my Supra, and someone made me a great offer on a 95 Audi 90 quattro. At first I was very reluctant, but I got it. Now I love it. AWD is a whole new level and the special ski storage compartment makes everything so much more convenient. I drive around with 3 pairs of skis and boots, climbing equipment, and my work tools. They all fit in my trunk neatly, without crap spilling all over the car.

Comment

08 v6 4WD Ford Escape with traction control and Blizzak winter tires makes it feel like it is riding on rails even on ice covered roads. It is low cost relative to imports and easy on gas.
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

n00b here! I have a '09 Tundra 4x4 with 37x13.5 A/T tires and 7" lift. My rig is not really that great on icy roads but with chains (when needed), it gets the job done. Hella fun in the mud and desert tho'

Mahalo,

Wil
              Last edited by Jikser; 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

This is my 2009 WRX wagon. Traded my Nissan Titan for it 3 months ago. I've had a lot of cars/trucks but this one is my favorite. It's quick, easy to park, fun to drive, comfortable, and carries a lot of stuff.

Since this pic I've tinted the windows, put in a Fumoto drain valve, and put in a Pioneer touch screen head unit. It's already fast but I'd love to get a Cobb Accessport + stage 1 map and bump it up to 300+ hp. I was going to do that this month but ended up getting 2 sets of new skiboards

My wife drives a yellow Benz SLK230. It's a fun car too, especially with the top down, but it's waaay too small for my height.
                Me: 2010 ALPdors, 1999 Line MN Pros, Line FF Aluminums
                Wife: 2009 BWPs, 1999 Line Jedis, Line FF Composites

Comment

Buddy of mine has a new STI, such a nice car.
                  2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

STIs are awesome. A guy at my work races his. Looks like so much fun.

Comment

my VW Golf mk4 is quite ok, lil bit too low but handles Latvian roads:

Comment

Chevy Cobalt

110's fit nicely in the back of the trunk.

171's not so much

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                          Chevy Cobalt

110's fit nicely in the back of the trunk.

171's not so much
                          Having that same problem with my 153s in my focus...I'm getting an impreza for 1200 if it's still available in a couple months. I'm going to have to get a roof rack and a body kit for it at some point to
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____
                          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I'm still having a hard time getting used to the look of the new Imprezas. My favorites were always the 04-05 GDBs and the older GC8s. I have to admit that the new ones are starting to grow on me a bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              I'm still having a hard time getting used to the look of the new Imprezas. My favorites were always the 04-05 GDBs and the older GC8s. I have to admit that the new ones are starting to grow on me a bit though.
                              I've always been a fan of hatchbacks so I was happy when I saw the new WRX/STI design. I carry guitars and amps so the hatch is necessary for me.

I like the Infinitis a lot - yours looks awesome. I got my wife interested in the G37S Coupe after she wanted a newer benz because I'm tired of all the little problems our current one has. I recently had to re-solder a burned connection on a relay circuit board because the car was randomly dying (looked up the symptoms on a forum). I'm hoping to trade in her car late this year.

Comment

+1...I was never a fan of the older wrx, but I love the look of the new hatch. I would get one if it had a DMG.
                                ~harry

@HarrySiii
                                -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
                                -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
                                -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
                                -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Working...
                                X