Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 2nd pair

Hey all,

So, I've been riding my EMP's for a few years now and absolutely love them. For those that don't know, they're a lot like the Tree....105's (maybe even ARE the trees).

Well, I've always been wanting a 2nd pair...something else to try out.....

Is there anything in particular I should start looking at? Whenever I start looking, I'm always drawn to more of the 105's...maybe even the 100's (or ALPs). Should I be looking at more sizes, or are the newer 99-105's different enough (many new technologies in them such as the carbon beams and wider width), or not different enough to worry about it?

I'm not saying my wife will let me buy a 2nd pair.....but sometimes I just have to make up my own mind and do it.

HAHA...thanks in advance for the advice.

~h
    ~harry

@HarrySiii
    -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
    -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
    -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
    -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Have you looked at the 101cm KTPs...they are an interesting and equally enjoyable ride. They are alot wider than your Revolt(EMP) while being a few CMs shorter. Alps are just a slightly bigger Revolts(EMP) and I don't think you will notice a difference from either of those two.

I have ridden all board sizes from 75cm -110cms (Revel8 boards Include: Revolts: Chicken + City, KTPs, ALPS)...and I think if you are looking for a second pair to compliment your Revolts (EMP) you should go with the KTPs since you are an east coast rider...and they are an east coast designed board! They excel on ice, in crud, and can even be set back in powder. In the event you are riding park...they are probably one of Revel8s biggest selling park boards.

Comment

ah yes, the ones that can be set back. i think that's what i was looking at and leaning towards. great advice, Ty. Thanks!
      ~harry

@HarrySiii
      -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

I agree, the KTPs are awesome. They'll plow through anything.

Comment

I would try the alps or ktps both awesome boards.
          Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____
          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I've ridden the EMP's and KTP's back to back. They actually feel very similar, with the EMP being a more relaxed ride. The KTP's like to be pushed hard. The extra width and stiffer flex make them better suited for charging hard than cruising down groomers, in my opinion. If you're looking for something similar to the EMP's but with a slightly sharper flavor, the KTP's would be a good choice.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

well, i've decided i want the ktps and the r8 receptor bindings. my wife wasn't thrilled about the idea, especially since i told her i want to pay off my car so i can buy another car. I guess i need to prioritize. since there's nothing wrong at all with my current setup, i really should put all my money down on my car. we'll see. haha I always just buy too much. we do love to shop.
              ~harry

@HarrySiii
              -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

Good call. I think you'll really enjoy the KTP's. Having a second set is always nice not only for switching things up and having a backup, but also for loaning to people interested in the sport.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

UPDATE: I ordered the 2010 KTP and Black R8 Receptors today. The wife told me I'm probably not getting my new car...hehe, so I spring for the package. I didn't "need" new bindings (or boards, i guess), but I've been jonesin over G's new bindings. I'm also thrilled to let my friends use my other boards, so I didn't want to leave a pair of boards home without bindings! Sucks that I'm paying $180 so my friends can ride...but hey, it's worth the fun. Thanks all for the help!! I should have them in a few days.
                  ~harry

@HarrySiii
                  -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

Sweet! You'll be able to use them at Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                      Sweet! You'll be able to use them at Jay.
                      hells yeah! and i'm very excited to do so. i am hoping to ride them this weekend, too!
                      ~harry

@HarrySiii
                      -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X