Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get ski boards in Japan? (new skiboarder with large feet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get ski boards in Japan? (new skiboarder with large feet)

I'm brand new to this site, but it looks like a good community of people willing to help out. I've tooled around looking at the suggestions and recommendations, so I've got a fairly good idea of what I should go for. I'm 185cm, 86kg with rather narrow feet.

I've found a few places online in Japan, and they seem rather pricey. This will be my first set of skiboards, so I want to get a relatively cheap set that I can work on this winter. To be honest, it might just be cheaper to buy some from the US and have them shipped, I wonder.

I tried looking at rakuten, but the prices for bluemoris aren't any cheaper than on the maker's site. From the reading I've done here, wood cores seem to be the preferred type, but bluemoris have some sort of carbon nano-something core. Has anyone got any experience with these they'd like to share?

In addition, any ideas where I can get fitted for ski boots in the Tokyo/Yokohama area? My street shoe size is 29cm, but the largest ski boot on sale at every place I've checked is 28.5, if that. I can get boots shipped from the US for cheaper than they're going for here, but I don't want to shoot in the dark.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

Mahatma is a fellow Japan resident. Give him a PM.
    Revel8 2009 KTP
    Spruce Pro 75
    Full Tilt 2009 High Five

Comment

Originally posted by cn06 View Post
      Mahatma is a fellow Japan resident. Give him a PM.
      The glorious power of a global community...

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Mondo size is really F*cked up....so you should try on some boots, because your boot size is usually a size or two smaller than your streetwear shoe size.

I would say talk to mahatma first....but for less than 100 dollars Greco can send you any of the SBOL and Revel8 Lineup with bindings...which is a great deal from New York to Japan. You will not be disappointed with Revel8 and any of the products SBOL offers.

Ride On!

Comment

skiboardshop.co.jp
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
            skiboardshop.co.jp
            Yeah, I just came across that today. It was the first result today, but yesterday when I was searching it didn't come up at all. Odd, that.

Bluemoris has some really stylish boards, but their measurements are rather thinner than other 99cm boards I've been looking at on Greco's site, listed at 125/99/120, compared to some I think revel8 BWPs that are 140/105/140. That would make a big difference in ride, I believe.

Here are the Bluemoris I like: http://www.skiboardshop.co.jp/?pid=13894996

There are a few 2009 models for cheaper, but I'm not into Hanshin Tigers or purple unicorns.

So it looks like I can get a pair of Snowjam 90cm with bindings sent to Japan for about $270, the same price as the above bluemoris. The main question is how much a guy my size (185cm, 86kg) will notice the difference on thinner boards (not that I've really used wide ones, so probably wouldn't notice, I guess). I don't do tricks and don't go off-roading, so that shouldn't be a factor. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhoosier View Post
              Yeah, I just came across that today. It was the first result today, but yesterday when I was searching it didn't come up at all. Odd, that.

Bluemoris has some really stylish boards, but their measurements are rather thinner than other 99cm boards I've been looking at on Greco's site, listed at 125/99/120, compared to some I think revel8 BWPs that are 140/105/140. That would make a big difference in ride, I believe.

Here are the Bluemoris I like: http://www.skiboardshop.co.jp/?pid=13894996

There are a few 2009 models for cheaper, but I'm not into Hanshin Tigers or purple unicorns.

So it looks like I can get a pair of Snowjam 90cm with bindings sent to Japan for about $270, the same price as the above bluemoris. The main question is how much a guy my size (185cm, 86kg) will notice the difference on thinner boards (not that I've really used wide ones, so probably wouldn't notice, I guess). I don't do tricks and don't go off-roading, so that shouldn't be a factor. Suggestions?
              fyi, the 90cm snowjams (and 75's) just went on sale last night... $189.00 with bindings - http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...Code=onsalenow

with shipping to Japan would be $256.00

Comment

Working...
              X