X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Greco and Courtney.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Select 2011 Full Tilts feature a 102 last. Booter, High Five, and Mary Jane. I heard that the true sizes include 26.5, 28, and 29. Everything else is adjusted in the footbed and liner. Anyone hear anything like this?

Comment

I heard that about the 28 vs the 29 at least when I went to get fitted for boots.

Comment

Usually there is a different shell size for each full number, with half sizes being the full number shell with a thinner lining. Thus, say, 29 and 29.5 have the same shell, with a thicker lining in the 29. Don't know about Full Tilts, but as they are a very old traditional design, I guess it is true for them too.
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Awesome thread.

I looked far and wide for some boots to accomodate my extra large calf muscle and that causes me pain in about every set of boots that I have. The Full Tilt high fives with the 102 last felt great on my calf, were light weight and supportive, and I decided to get them with full custom orthotics as well as in store heat molded intuition liners.

The salesman, after measuring and doing a "shell fit" insisted on using the 275 rather than 285 shell, and I reluctantly agreed.... he assured me that the heat molding process would have them fitting me perfectly. My measured lenth is 284, last is 104.

The heat molding process almost killed me, and my feet were numb for 15 minutes after removing them for the cool down to the point wher I could finally walk.

When I got them home for the try on and break in, they were so tight that I could not even pretend to wiggle my toes, and as loose as I can wear them I cant tolerate them for more than 15 minutes, my toes are scrunched and my toes and heels go numb.

I ended up skiing the next day (and last day of my trip) in my old boots, and left these boots sitting in my closet unused; as I doubt they will ever work and know I need to move up to the bigger size.

I am hoping that the store I got them from, Christy Sports, allows me to exchange and move up to the 28.5 liner and shell.

It will be another month until I find out however, as Im back in Fl and will be driving out to Vail for the season after Christmas.
            Groove "taxi" 88cm
            Canon "M7" 99cm
            Spruce "120" 120cm
            Hagan "Off Limits" 133cm
            Icelantic "Scout" 143cm
            Icelantic "Shaman" 161cm
            Armada "JP v Julien" 175cm

And over the years, so many others...

All current boards integrated and ridden with BLACK MONDAY Binding System.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience regarding the High Fives, Docta.

Has anyone had any exprecience in riding the Full Tilt Booters? According to FT, the Booter has a flex index of 4/10 with 10 being the stiffest and 6 being more or less medium, so I guess it's safe to assume that the Booter is a very flexible boot. I weigh around 200 pounds, and I was wondering if I should go for a stiffer boot than the Booter?

Comment

Originally posted by snowhow View Post
                Sorry to hear about your experience regarding the High Fives, Docta.

Has anyone had any exprecience in riding the Full Tilt Booters? According to FT, the Booter has a flex index of 4/10 with 10 being the stiffest and 6 being more or less medium, so I guess it's safe to assume that the Booter is a very flexible boot. I weigh around 200 pounds, and I was wondering if I should go for a stiffer boot than the Booter?
                I weight 190 lbs and love my Full Tilt Booters... they are plenty stiff for me , and I would not want them any stiffer , they are not a real flexible boot .. for comparison .. I felt the Salomon Verse I used before was signifcantly more flexy .. i have not heard of any other skiboarders who have booters who felt them too flexible ..
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

That sounds promising, jjue. Thanks. How do your Booters feel overall? Is the stance okay (not too forward-leaning)? Do they feel comfortable to walk in?

Comment

That sounds promising, jjue. Thanks. How do your Booters feel overall? Is the stance okay (not too forward-leaning)? Do they feel comfortable to walk in?
                    there is a little plastic stop at the back of the cuff that can be popped out ... I did that so I could have a more upright stance , . real comfortable to walk in ., they are the lightest skiboots I have owned... . i also do backcountry in them all the time .. and just leave all the straps unbuckled to walk , overall they are the best mix of performance and comfort of any ski boot I have ever owned. ..

like all ski boots , they do not have a rockered sole or traction sole ..so hiking or walking long distances could use some help ... i l use Skitrax soles which are very light weight and inexpensive... I use them for any extended walking or hiking with my Full tilt booters ...
                    http://yaktrax.com/skitrax
                    Boards :
                    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                    Boots
                    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                    Bindings:
                    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Full Tilt boots have a forward lean adjustment so you can set it how you like (within limits). I use mine with least possible forward lean and they feel quite upright. I tried the Booter in the shop and they felt about right for skiboarding stiffness wise, and are very light, but they did not have quite my size, so I grabbed the High Fives.
                      Go Android

Comment

Jjue, I get the feeling with mine that I could just cut off that foot cable (front buckle) and it would make no difference. What do you say?
                        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                          Jjue, I get the feeling with mine that I could just cut off that foot cable (front buckle) and it would make no difference. What do you say?
                          i think it kind of it probably depends on the person and the size of the foot .. mine i got a bit longer then usual to accomodate my wider feet and i do think the front cable is necessary for me to keep my foot in the right position .. but i can see if you had a tighter fit length wise it might not be necessary.
                          Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

Valmorel, you can try it without "cutting" it off. Two phillips screws have to be removed per boot, one for the buckle, the other for the cable anchor point. Some tape to cover the holes.

I suspect that the tongue will creep up without the lower cable in use, and you will run the risk of it loading and seperating the front wire keeper from the tongue since the plastic is only "staked". If you do fail it, I can take some pictures of how I had to fix mine that seperated.
                            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

The front buckle is just screwed on right? Take it off and tell us how it goes, you can always put it back.

I think i like the buckle but i barely tighten it. I could probably get away without it. But I would prefer to have it, if that makes sense.

I never thought of removing it. It would have saved me a lot of headache since i have a bone in my foot that hits the rivet holding the buckle. My fix was grinding the plastic around the rivet and then shortening the rivet so it would sit flush.
                              www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
                              DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
                              Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
                              GGO soft boot bindings
                              Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Probably best to just run it loose. My boots fit now like handmade gloves, but with all the success of the soft boot experiment, I will probably buy a looser pair in the end of season sales. Sometimes I wonder if my old die hard ski knowledge should do just that, die
                                Loose boots are more comfortable in general, and always warmer.
                                Go Android

Comment

Working...
                                X