X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Tilt Ski Boots and Wide Feet

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Something to keep in mind:
    One of my feet is 28.4 long and my FTs are 28.0. As the liners pack out over time, the tips of my toes started to take a beating. I assume due to the more upright stand than what a skier would have when riding.

A 26.5 for a 28.0 long foot seems small. So be cautious. One thing to consider is going back and have another fitter size you, just to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
      A 26.5 for a 28.0 long foot seems small. So be cautious. One thing to consider is going back and have another fitter size you, just to confirm.
      Not only too short, but too narrow. You are measuring you foot width at 105-107 mm and picking a 102 mm boot width? There are plenty of great boots out there with widths of 104-106 mm. And don't be fooled by boots feeling good in the shop, the liners are new, soft and fluffy, and you are just sitting or walking around. After ten minutes on the hill you will be miserable.

The RCs you bought have to be ridden with a centered, upright stance. That means you have to be able to stand up comfortably in your boots without your toes crushing the end of the toe box. This is contradictory to how the guys in the shop want your boots to fit and they will tell you they are too big. Take their recommendation, then buy a boot one size bigger, wider, softer, more upright, and it should be perfect
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Something to keep in mind:
        One of my feet is 28.4 long and my FTs are 28.0. As the liners set over time, the tips of my toes started to take a beating. I assume due to the more upright stand than what a skier would have when riding.

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
        Not only too short, but too narrow. You are measuring you foot width at 105-107 mm and picking a 102 mm boot width? There are plenty of great boots out there with widths of 104-106 mm. And don't be fooled by boots feeling good in the shop, the liners are new, soft and fluffy, and you are just sitting or walking around. After ten minutes on the hill you will be miserable.

The RCs you bought have to be ridden with a centered, upright stance. That means you have to be able to stand up comfortably in your boots without your toes crushing the end of the toe box. This is contradictory to how the guys in the shop want your boots to fit and they will tell you they are too big. Take their recommendation, then buy a boot one size bigger, wider, softer, more upright, and it should be perfect
        SORRY BOTH OF YOU! Posted incorrect measurements. My heel-to-tip is 270mm. Not 280! HAHAHA! I don't know what the heck I was thinking. (Probably measured half asleep without paying attention!)

So yea. In regards to the shell of the boot, 286 was nice. Should I opt for the slightly larger on at 290mm (27) given that the toes are the important part of the boot in the case of how we skiboard?
        Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
        Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
        Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

NP

I would target a boot with a last of at least 104. The shell inside length you should target is ~29 cm (2 cm longer than your foot). Adequate gap with your entire foot / lower leg and the shell are equally important to avoid hot spots.

Here is a post on shell fitting that will help explain what I am getting at: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ead.php?t=8813
          sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

NP

I would target a boot with a last of at least 104. The shell inside length you should target is ~29 cm (2 cm longer than your foot). Adequate gap with your entire foot / lower leg and the shell are equally important to avoid hot spots.

Here is a post on shell fitting that will help explain what I am getting at: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ead.php?t=8813
            Yuppers! Thanks for that mate!

Comment

What's the prognosis?

Thanks for letting me join your forum even though I'm just a skier. This is the best thread I have found for FT Boot Fitting.

I ordered a pair of 2015 FT Drop Kicks on Evo and they just arrived today. I put them on to wear around my place and after a bit, I have uncomfortable pressure in my left foot around the inner arch, closer to the rear, the outer ankle, and the heel feels generally tight. In my right foot, I just had the uncomfortable pressure in my inner arch.

I got them in a size Mondo 29.5. My foot measurements are

Left
              length: 29.6
              Last: 107

Right
              Length: 29.5

Not sure if heat molding will resolve the issues or not. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I still have my 2008 Salomon Impacts in size 29.5 and they feel great. The liner was heat molded and there is a custom footbed in them. However, placing the boots side by side, the Salomon looks longer than the FT. Due to my location, I have to do everything via the web. Got the FTs cause I just bought myself some park skis (chronics) and that's what I'll use to get my bindings mounted. Needless to say, I'll be in a holding pattern until I can get this figured out. Unfortunately, I'm headed to Whistler in less than 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Never2Late View Post
                Thanks for letting me join your forum even though I'm just a skier. This is the best thread I have found for FT Boot Fitting.

I ordered a pair of 2015 FT Drop Kicks on Evo and they just arrived today. I put them on to wear around my place and after a bit, I have uncomfortable pressure in my left foot around the inner arch, closer to the rear, the outer ankle, and the heel feels generally tight. In my right foot, I just had the uncomfortable pressure in my inner arch.

Left

Right

Not sure if heat molding will resolve the issues or not. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I still have my 2008 Salomon Impacts in size 29.5 and they feel great. The liner was heat molded and there is a custom footbed in them. However, placing the boots side by side, the Salomon looks longer than the FT. Due to my location, I have to do everything via the web. Got the FTs cause I just bought myself some park skis (chronics) and that's what I'll use to get my bindings mounted. Needless to say, I'll be in a holding pattern until I can get this figured out. Unfortunately, I'm headed to Whistler in less than 2 weeks.
                Just by comparison, I bought my Full Tilt Booters in size 27.5. My foot length from heel to tip is 270mm and the FTB are 294mm for the interior shell size. It's a great fit for me as I do have wider feet as well.

I'm not too sure about the measurements of your feet (unit-wise) but if you're 295mm feet, the size 29.5 Drop Kicks will give you an exterior shell size of 326mm. My fear is that the interior shell size might be closer to 305mm. If that's the case, they're definitely not long enough for you, which might be also why your feet hurt in different places. If it's a width issue (ie. arches hurting), I'd suggest you go with the Booters or the High Fives. Also, on the recommendation of the forums, I was told to pick something 25-30mm longer than my foot. If you're at 295mm, look for something with an interior shell size of 315-320mm. If the Booters/High Fives, that puts you at either a 30.5 or 31.

Just a thought since I'm not entirely sure about the measurements. I'm still new at this!

Comment

Originally posted by Never2Late View Post

Left

Right

IMO, the 29.5 FT are too small for you. I suggest returning the FTs and taking the Impacts to Whistler.
                  sigpic

Comment

IMO, the 29.5 FT are too small for you. I suggest returning the FTs and taking the Impacts to Whistler.
                    N2L,

Slow is our resident authority on this topic and I would be keen to follow his advice, but there are a few things you could try short of heat molding and making the FT's unreturnable. Are you using the factory FT orthotic? Most factory orthotics are cheap ones and intuition liners can be used satisfactorily sans the orthotic, which will give you a scoche more space. For grins, you could swap the orthotic from your Salomons and see what happens. There's some black art involved in fitting ski boots, but in general when you try out a boot and something doesn't seem right, it isn't right, and it's time to punt.

Comment

• Thanks to all for the feedback. I returned shipped the 29.5 and ordered the 30.5. They were not available in 30. I hope this makes the difference. Thanks, again.

Comment

• Good luck with that! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other issues.

Surprisingly, my FT Booters have been good. I have wider feet and people have complained that they feel pressure points. But I guess I've been lucky in that I haven't felt any yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by wushuguy View Post
                          Good luck with that! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other issues.

Surprisingly, my FT Booters have been good. I have wider feet and people have complained that they feel pressure points. But I guess I've been lucky in that I haven't felt any yet.
                          Will do. Should have the new ones by Monday. In the meantime, I've found some data that makes me even more confident about my decision.

Full Tilt lists the Drop Kick shell sizes as follows ():
                          Mondo 29.5 = 326
                          Mondo 30.5 = 335

Evo has a Boot Sole Length (BSL) size chart (http://www.evo.com/ski-boot-sole-len...ize-chart.aspx) that corroborates the above data and also includes the following for Salomon Impact 90:

Mondo 29.5 = 337

So, if this data is correct, it appears that the footbed on the Drop Kicks I had (29.5) is a full 11mm shorter than my comfy Impacts. That 30.5 is looking like $money$, on paper. ...fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Never2Late View Post
                            Will do. Should have the new ones by Monday. In the meantime, I've found some data that makes me even more confident about my decision.

Full Tilt lists the Drop Kick shell sizes as follows ():
                            Mondo 29.5 = 326
                            Mondo 30.5 = 335

Evo has a Boot Sole Length (BSL) size chart (http://www.evo.com/ski-boot-sole-len...ize-chart.aspx) that corroborates the above data and also includes the following for Salomon Impact 90:

Mondo 29.5 = 337

So, if this data is correct, it appears that the footbed on the Drop Kicks I had (29.5) is a full 11mm shorter than my comfy Impacts. That 30.5 is looking like $money$, on paper. ...fingers crossed.
                            Fingers crossed for you. That's one thing I had to make sure before I bought the Booters. It's interesting though. When you look at the Full Tilt website for their specs, only the Booter/High Five Category lists the interior AND outer shell size. Every other pair only lists the outside.

Good luck with the new pair. Trust me. I love my Booters! Putting ski boots on has NEVER been so easy!

Comment

• Just got my Full Tilt Hotdoggers last night and they feel great! I originally wanted the Alpina X5 but that didn't fit and I'm glad it didn't because the FT boot is so much better.

I have pretty wide feet but not crazy big (sometimes I get hiking boots in wide) but I do have really big calves which is a problem looking for boots.

Also if you live in PA I highly recommend Wicks Ski Shop to find your boot. I went to all the big chains in PA and DE and tried on boots but nobody really helped me they just brought out a box. At Wicks they took the time to get all measurements and customized the boot. To fit my huge calves they removed the spoiler and took off the decrotive cable cover. They worked a lot on the boot to make it fit perfect, even heat molding the intuition liner to my feet. The boots are really snug but they don't hurt at all. It was well worth the long drive to get good customer service plus I got the boots for a fraction of the original price (they were old Blue Tom Wallisch ones on clearance). I think I may of got the last boot though not sure if they will restock Full Tilt products but they could probably order them.

When I got home I noticed that boots leaned forward and I wanted a more centered stance so I took the liners out, pushed the cuff all the way forward and removed the shims from the back of the boot. I think standing more upright will be better on the skiboards, but I don't know because I have not ordered my skiboard yet. Hopefully this week before all the snow melts.

Comment

• Hi all
                                I have a 26.7cm long and 99mm wide foot. What size would most likely suit in the FT Classic? It only seems to be available in 26.5 or 27.5 in Europe.

Thanks
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X