Revolts in Powder???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolts in Powder???

i am going to Kimberley BC in a while and it will be the first time in powder for me.
    I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and i have only been on groomers and some park.
    i weigh about 200 lbs and want to know how the Revolts will do in powder. The chart says they aren't great for powder but has anyone have thoughts on how they will fair in powder???
    Thomas

Revolt Cities
    Spruce Pro Primes
    Groove x1

It will depend on how deep the powder is. At 200 lbs you'll have to weight the tails quite a bit.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

im a littke lighter at ~170lb. got some revolts. not too much powder on them yet. just a couple off a foot or less at home. and then what we could find at Jay Jam. Never had any problems thus far. will take some getting used to but i havent had any trouble but i havent senn any major pow.

Comment

Originally posted by me3990 View Post
        i am going to Kimberley BC in a while and it will be the first time in powder for me.
        i weigh about 200 lbs and want to know how the Revolts will do in powder. The chart says they aren't great for powder but has anyone have thoughts on how they will fair in powder???
        They'll get you through powder, but it will take some work. You'll want to make sure to weight the backs of the boards to keep the tips up, keep your speed up, and avoid flats. Since you have time between now and when you're going, I would suggest doing some exercise to get your quads built up. Sitting back on the boards for extended periods is a workout.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

set back as much as possible and i think you'll be ok

you're legs might get tired pretty quick, if you're not used to it.

i'm 150 and ride boards as small as 90cm in powder, ive also been skiboarding 30~ times a season for the past 10 years, so i dunno maybe im used to it.
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

me3990,

I hope you have the opportunity to experience powder. It will all come down to timing of the snowfall and your trip schedule. Even without powder, I am sure you will enjoy the resort.

I was last there 2 seasons ago. Given Kimberly's location, it is not usually a chest deep powder type of mountain. So I beleive you will be OK on the Revolts since you will have a great time running the groomers and going off into the trees to find some powder. When you get tired legs, you can just pop back out onto the groomers.

You may want to consider making a day trip from Kimberly to Fernie. Fernie is a more rugged and a higher mountain with a number of bowls that improve the odds of being able to find untracked powder. If I recall, they are about 1.5 hours apart.

Make sure to give us a trip report and board/binding review when you get back.
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by me3990 View Post

I can answer this...... currently living in Yorkton, SK. Revolts will have to be setback, hopefully you have some bombers or something with a setback position. While they do ok, the heavy powder does give you problems. A slightly longer board like a 110 or 120 does alot better. You may find your legs are working harder.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Thanks for your answers. Have the spruce pro primes so might have a few difficulties. I'm not expecting for crazy powder but have always considered getting some longer boards. Also not going till march so I think I'll figure something out.
                Thomas

Revolt Cities
                Spruce Pro Primes
                Groove x1

Comment

if you have seen buggard mouse it was the revolts i was riding in that film but I only weigh about 160-165. if you are tall enough go to a longer board like the alps or condors they offer more surface area and if you get some zero bindings they have the set back position which helps with the float. So have a good time in the deep snow and canadia
                  live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

Or with already having the Spruce bindings, you would pick up a pair of 120's or Sherpas.
                    I do it because I can.
                    I can because I want to.
                    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                    '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                    X