This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxenboxin View Post
    [*]Getting run over by out-of-control 8 year olds while taking a shot.
    AKA Weekend warrior
    facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

These shots are amazing, Greco. Thanks for sharing the love. Makes Mondays a little more bearable for me.

Can you share any skiboarding photography tips with us? I've never bothered to bring a camera with me to the slopes because of concerns like:
      1. Crashing into something hard and busting my gear
      2. Trashing the gear by getting it wet
      3. Getting the exposure right in the white, white snow.
      4. Getting run over by out-of-control 8 year olds while taking a shot.

How do you keep your gear from getting hosed? Any tips for maximizing our chances of getting a decent shot?
      first you have to have good gear and then it's just about experience. i use a dakine backpack designed especially for photography to keep the stuff together & safe. it's a pain to ride with a pack of gear (when i'm carrying the gl2 it gets pretty heavy) but something i've resigned myself to. i'll ditch it every once in a while, it feels so good to ride "bare" . and then in the pack is a canon 40d with canon 70-200 L and 28-135 lenses.

Comment

G, how much does zed backpack cost? I plan on doing some photography on the hill this year.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
          G, how much does zed backpack cost? I plan on doing some photography on the hill this year.
          zed?

i have a dakine sequence. i think it was about 1 or 150

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
            zed?

i have a dakine sequence. i think it was about 1 or 150
            I took a shot in the dark on the spelling, I thought it was said but I think I got it marked a misspelling on a paper last year so I went with zed, it was obviously wrong...lol
            Revel8 ALPdors
            Gold Revel8 Receptors
            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
            ____
            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

What? No Nikon lenses?

hehe

Props G, I don't think I have the required balance for filming and riding

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                What? No Nikon lenses?
                I know right?
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                  first you have to have good gear and then it's just about experience. i use a dakine backpack designed especially for photography to keep the stuff together & safe. it's a pain to ride with a pack of gear (when i'm carrying the gl2 it gets pretty heavy) but something i've resigned myself to. i'll ditch it every once in a while, it feels so good to ride "bare" . and then in the pack is a canon 40d with canon 70-200 L and 28-135 lenses.
                  Yeah, I guess riding with a heavy pack of photo gear is basically the cost of promoting the sport and your brands. Of course, you get to write off all of your trips and photo gear as business expenses, so it's not all bad...

What about exposing for the snow? Do you just trust the Canon AE, and fix any exposure errors later in lightroom, ACR or whatever? Do you use an incident meter?
                  Revel8 ALP (Alpdors) w/ Spruce Pro Lite
                  Revel8 Revolt (Chickens)
                  Spruce 120
                  Groove AF1 (90)

Comment

What about exposing for the snow? Do you just trust the Canon AE, and fix any exposure errors later in lightroom, ACR or whatever? Do you use an incident meter?
                    I trust the Canon and fix later. I don't use an incident meter.

Comment

• Auto or manual focus G?
                      Revel8 ALPdors
                      Gold Revel8 Receptors
                      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                      ____

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                        Auto or manual focus G?
                        usually auto. the 40D does a great job tracking.

Comment

• funny, the D40 does a good job of tracking too but I like the illusion that is the feeling of controll. I hope I can get some shots up this year.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                            funny, the D40 does a good job of tracking too but I like the illusion that is the feeling of controll. I hope I can get some shots up this year.
                            that's cool but i like the reality of the subject in focus

Comment

• See...That's why I got a Nikon, you can actually take pictures and feel cool at the same time...unlike other brands like *cough cough* can...Never mind, the name's not important.
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____

Comment

• another nice pic today ! Mark , Ktp's , backcountry riding ...
                                sweet!!
                                Boards :
                                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                                Boots
                                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                                Bindings:
                                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
                                X