What's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference?

Hey, I was just wondering, what is the difference between the spruce 120s or 130s, and regular twin tip skis? I know that twin tips are like 30-40 cm longer but the are used for tricks in the park and what not, so wouldn't the spruce boards be better in the park than shorter boards? Just thought I'd throw that out there so you guys can tell me what's what in regards to the difference between spruce boards and twin tips, and also why the spruce boards haven't been mentioned as being a good park board.
    Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Originally posted by baseballphreak View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering, what is the difference between the spruce 120s or 130s, and regular twin tip skis? I know that twin tips are like 30-40 cm longer but the are used for tricks in the park and what not, so wouldn't the spruce boards be better in the park than shorter boards? Just thought I'd throw that out there so you guys can tell me what's what in regards to the difference between spruce boards and twin tips, and also why the spruce boards haven't been mentioned as being a good park board.
    The spruce boards arn't really designed to be park boards, but made to be more powder/all mountain boards. I know that they have been used in the park to hit 60+ footers, but very few people use them for park. They are a relatively long/wide board to use in the park, and most of us riders on here prefer more maneuverability.

I'm not sure on the flex pattern, but it seems that R8 has the best flex pattern and durability for park because they are designed for all mountain, but with huge influence based in the parks.

Comment

Dave Lynam rode the 120's in the park and thought they were pretty good .. ..

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=6399
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Yeah, the main reason that smaller boards have a tendency to be more commonly used as park boards is that the lower swing weight makes spins, switchups, etc. a little easier allowing for more technical tricks to be done. I have riden my Sherpas in the park a little, but I much prefer the KTPs. I'm not positive why, but they just feel like I get more pop. It might be the flex, it might be the significantly lower weight, but either way the Sherpas weren't bad in the park either. They would definitely be a solid choice for taking huge hucks.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

Mahatma will keep everyone posted on the use of Spruce 120's in both the park and pipe. Mahatma humbly requests some time in order to build a little thing called skills. Mahatma apologizes.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Working...
          X