Calf size & Boot selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calf size & Boot selection

There are so many posts about what size boots for specific foot sizes but this is not taking calf size into account whatsoever. Some of the boots out there fit fairly narrow at the top and that seems fine for most riders out there, but for us big guys it doesn't quite work.

I'd be interested to know what boots some of the guys with larger calves are riding, that fit properly without cutting off circulation

I'll start...

I have 20" calves, and have used the Rossi SoftLight 3's and am breaking in some Deeluxe 225's that seem to fit just fine...

Of course I'm flexing here just like I would be when riding...

Post your good and bad fitting experiences for the benefit of others!
    thanks,
    Dave | Elevendy

Got 18" calves, my Raichles fit pretty good, and my Salomon Verses were awesome.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
    Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
    Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

I have the opposite problem. I've fairly thin, and I had to adjust the top two buckles on my 225's to more tightly fit to my calves.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I love the tags for this thread.

"damn those calves r huge, dave cox is a pimp, is this guy on steroids"
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Originally posted by nate View Post
          I love the tags for this thread.

"damn those calves r huge, dave cox is a pimp, is this guy on steroids"
          LOL - most people don't notice my thread tags hehehe
          Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Dave ... I'm in your boat... pretty thick calves ... and fairly high arches.

I just got to try on a pair of Dalbello Rampages today. They fit very, very well. I have a slightly wide forefoot so I was afraid they might be too snug in the toes box, but they were better than my current Nordica boots.

As for the calves ... the Dalbello's had such good adjustment, the bootfitter was able to widen them out just right. As well, he pulled the shim out of the back and that took them from a 14 degree forward cant to just a 12 degree. He said he could also remove a small piece at the top of the cuff to make it even more upright and not dig into my calves at all.

They are taller then my current Nordica's so I was afraid the top of the cuff was going to cut right into the middle of my calf ... but didn't seem to have any hot spots at all. They felt very good ... snug on my foot and instep, but not too much. Not torturously tight like my climbing shoes.
            Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
            Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
            Full Tilt Boots
            Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

HGH !

haha

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

I have 17" calves at 5'5 height, I found the Rossi Soft Lites kept hitting on them, and at the end of the day, they would be sore. I know have Tecnicas and they work fine. I'm considering upgrading to a different pair of boots probably next season for something more "responsive", but then, I did get two different pair of Tecnicas cheap, one for $50 (7 Senses 7.5), the other for $80 (7 Senses 7.7).
                Edward in NYC

Comment

dude i have pretty large calfs too and solomon foils feel ok but i get major calf bang so im thinkin about some full tilts but my calfs might not happen
                  sigpic
                  skiboards:
                  Salomon Snowblde 88cm/1998
                  BWP'08 w/snow jam extreme 2

Comment

I pulled the trigger on new full tilt camos cause the price was just too good online. If they don't feel right, I can always sell them for what I paid for them I'm sure ($225).

I'll let you all know if they work. I have fat calves, mid-high insteps and my forefoot is just a little wide. Mark advised me to stay clear with my issues ... but like I said ... the price was too good and I'm sure it would be easy to resell them if they do not work out. At half the price of Dalbello Rampages, I gotta give them a shot.
                    Full Tilt Boots
                    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
                      I pulled the trigger on new full tilt camos cause the price was just too good online. If they don't feel right, I can always sell them for what I paid for them I'm sure ($225).

I'll let you all know if they work. I have fat calves, mid-high insteps and my forefoot is just a little wide. Mark advised me to stay clear with my issues ... but like I said ... the price was too good and I'm sure it would be easy to resell them if they do not work out. At half the price of Dalbello Rampages, I gotta give them a shot.
                      you never know man you might still fit em perfectly, that moldable liner accomodates alot.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

K ... so the Full Tilts came in last night and I tried them on for the first time.

Mr. Cox ... these would be just fine with your thick calves. I have thick calves too and these were no problem.

I'll start a new thread to capture more info about the fitting of these boots and how it appears they are going to work for me.
                        Full Tilt Boots

Comment

Dave man, you are beating me by 6 inches in the calves, I have plenty of room left in the liners for them to be molded out a ways.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____
                          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Working...
                          X