This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Canada

Hello, Im new here and have been skiboarding with some cheap firefly for a while. Im looking to buy RVL8 KTP but I was wondering how much does the custom tax on the skiboards? Im in Ontario, Canada

Thanks!
    Last edited by Greco; 11-26-2014, 07:33 AM.

Welcome to the forum and SBOL.

Based on my experience, budget for approximately 10% of the Canadian cost of the goods to cover the courier/handling/gst cost if using USPS (default shipping method to Canada by SBOL). This is much cheaper than other sites that use UPS.

As an example, I recently received $500+ CDN in items from SBOL and the fees from Canada Post were only $52 CDN. (Using UPS on another site, the same fees were ~58%.)

The best delivery was within 3 days and the typical is 7 to 10 days to clear customs.

BTW, you will get a tracking number from USPS that actually works best on the Canada Post site. (USPS = United States Postal Service)
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Just did an order last week for a set of Tanshos and a set of Rockets with bindings and was charged 25$ by customs
      2008 KTP with bomber2's
      Lacroix 110 with bomber2's
      2010 Condor with Flow NXT-FRX snowboard bindings
      Deeluxe 325 boots
      Flow One Boa Focus boots

Comment

oh that's not as bad as i thought it would be.

guess its time for a new pair of KTP

thanks!

Comment

nope it is not too bad and trust me you will love them
          2008 KTP with bomber2's
          Lacroix 110 with bomber2's
          2010 Condor with Flow NXT-FRX snowboard bindings
          Deeluxe 325 boots
          Flow One Boa Focus boots

Comment

its not that bad. and from what i see, interest in skiboards around toronto has grown ever since last time i was on here last year.

Comment

ive been ordering from sbol for like 6 years, i got customs once for skiboards. 40$ i think it was. you most likely wont have to pay anything.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                ive been ordering from sbol for like 6 years, i got customs once for skiboards. 40$ i think it was. you most likely wont have to pay anything.
                I was about to say that, In the past year I've had probably 15 orders off of various US sites, and only once had to pay customs.
                2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

i starting to think some dude jsut sits there randomly picking packages off a conveyer belt to check for duties and taxes
                  Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Truely, it wouldn't surprise me if its something of that sort, lol.

Comment

maybe its a pay once thing? like once you pay it, that covers it for the year, or for life maybe?

Comment

Then you'd expect it on your first order or so, itw as the last one that I got where I got dinged.

Comment

when did your last order come across the border? maybe you only pay for like 5 packages? or 10? i dunno. there has to be a system.

Comment

Hah, you'd like to think there's a system, but it's probably random. If it's coming from what seems like a home address, going to a home address, they usually won't check. No idea how G marks the outsides of his packages, I'm usually too busy ripping them open to notice.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                            Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                            Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

well what sorta sucks is the exchange rate right now

Comment

Working...
                              X