Spruce 120 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    No good for jjue then. He is a real heavyweight WRITER :-)
    Lol Val !

You know , I am growing a bit nostalgic right now about the Spruce 120 , this was the first longboard skiboard that I took out into the backcountry . It DOES have a dual personality .. while being great for beginners it has seen me up AND down all kinds of gnarly peaks all over the backcountry Sierra , in ice, deep snow , and crud ... truly a versatile and one of a kind board.

Please excuse the indulgence... here is a bit of a retrospective of some backcountry pics on the Spruce 120 , each of these pics brings back some special memories , of special times , and special places on a very special board.. It has been a reliable and loyal companion on some great adventures , and I am perhaps a little chagrined that I have went on to its big brother ...

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Lovely sentiments jjue. And great pics. You think you have moved on, but in the words of someone famous (paraphrase) 'You'll be back!' :-)
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsinger View Post
        Anyone who's concerned about being able to do flat spins on 120s can check out this video of my 78 year-old neighbor on his blue 120s last season.
        I really love that video!
        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

The last time I was out I was spinning like a top on my 120s. It's easy!
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
          X