X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GASPO skiboards, someone use it?

Hello there, my first time here

I'm David, 27 y/o from italy...

Last saturday I rent a pair of skiboards (v3tech FX66, 99cm)...I can ski from the age of 10, but my girlfriend has never skied in her life...and in one day, she learned the basics and had fun

Yesterday we went again on the slopes, and she had improved again her skill

Now it's time to buy 2 pairs of skiboards I've found on ebay.de a nice shop that sells the GASPO skiboards line...and the prices are really interesting

the GASPO unicorn ( http://www.gaspo.at/GPO-Skiboards.73.0.html?&L=1 ) costs around 100 euros, shipping included

there are also other 2 interesting models, the "snowskates PTS" --> ( http://www.gaspo.at/GPO-Snowskates-PTS.74.0.html?&L=1 )

and the "snowskates" (I think it change only a bit in the bindings) --> ( http://www.gaspo.at/GPO-Snowskates-S...16.0.html?&L=1 )

Can you suggest me which are the best? I use the usually on the slopes...but I like also to do little tricks and jumps

thank you

David

Welcome to the SBOL forum.

You may want to check out these threads for insights on why you should consider skiboards sold by SBOL versus skiblades from Gaspo:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=1218

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...read.php?t=248

When you decide to buy skiboards, this thread is a good starting point to make your selection: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7115

And do not forget to post your and your gf's height, weight, and preferred riding conditions so other forum members can make recommendations.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

thank you for the quick reply

I've considered the gaspo ones because I found a good review on another usa skiboards site ( http://www.skiboards.com/product/gas...skiboards.html ) and in that words they seems like to be not so bad

correct me if it's wrong

anyway my height is 5.90 feets (181cm) and my weight is 176 lb

my gf height is 5.57 feets (170cm) and weight is 112 lb

we use to ski usually on "normal" tracks, no powder

thank you

Comment

that first line of GASPO boards you posted, the RELIEF, BUTTERFLY, UNICORN are ok for entry level skiboards (they are the same shape as the old Line Pros, and have wood cores), but for the same price you can get something a lot better from SnowJam.

stay away from any of those others you posted for reason mentioned by slow.
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I had a pair of 85cm gaspos as my first boards...they are super wide...they might be wider then my revolts..or close to it..they were fine as a first set of boards..but if you can get something better I would go that route, especially something with 4x4
          Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
          Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
          Boots: Lange xt100
          portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
            but for the same price you can get something a lot better from SnowJam.
            100 euros (133$ today) included shipping a complete set of snowjam? SB plus bindings??

where??

Comment

Originally posted by David125 View Post
              100 euros (133$ today) included shipping a complete set of snowjam? SB plus bindings??

where??
              i thought i remembered them more expensive than that sorry. but honestly, if you are paying 130$ for a pair of skiboards, your going to get what you pay for.

id really suggest to go up a notch and get some snowjam with groove bindings for like $249

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

but honestly, if you are paying 130$ for a pair of skiboards, your going to get what you pay for.
                yeah, sure, but if they are equal to the "line pro 98" that was no so cheap...maybe they are not so bad

id really suggest to go up a notch and get some snowjam with groove bindings for like $249
                I'm lookin' around...for now I've found on ebay a sets of "summit nomad 99 - 2008" with extremeII bindings at 299USD...I've made my best offer, just to save the shipping

Comment

Originally posted by David125 View Post
                  yeah, sure, but if they are equal to the "line pro 98" that was no so cheap...maybe they are not so bad

I'm lookin' around...for now I've found on ebay a sets of "summit nomad 99 - 2008" with extremeII bindings at 299USD...I've made my best offer, just to save the shipping

not equal, just the same dimensions. there are a lot more factors like construction and material that come into play. they are probably great as entry level skiboards, but once you start progressing they wont be able to keep up.

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

David,

The risk is with the plastic bindings breaking or tearing off the boards. (If I recall, Lines had this problem with their most recent offerings.) Where as the 4x4 mount used on SBOL and SnowJam skiboards are proven to be reliable as they are on snowboards. This risk is something to consider when weighing the cost to benefit of each option. But only you can judge what you are willing to spend to get into skiboarding. Let us know which way you go and how it all works out for you.

Enjoy!
                    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

You should also remember that by buying boards with 4-hole bindings that you will be able to upgrade just boards in the future, whereas if you buy boards with 8-hole bindings that you will need to drop the cash for an entirely new setup.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

I understand these might not work for you as you're in Italy, I wouldn't know, but here's some options I found in a couple minutes on ebay.

Snowjam 90, $180
                        here

Summit 99 with Bomber Bindings (really top notch boards if you can afford them, with the one of the best non-release bindings available) $275
                        here

Line 5-0, a good board, though from years ago. It's 4x4 so you can replace bindings and boards independently of each other. Kinda sketchy looking since they claim to have composite bindings (shown in one picture) but there's also a picture of some all-aluminum bindings, hard to know which you'll get, I'd bet the composite.
                        here

Line 5-0s again, oddly the same picture as the previous post, I'd ask for fresh pictures, seems a little fishy.
                        here
                        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

thank you, I've found them too...

I've contacted only the ones with boards minimum 99cm...

Now I'm waiting for replyes

Comment

I've been eying those carbon fiber nomads for a while now. He's dropped the price already from $315 down to $275 or best offer. Those are sweet boards and you can see they are in great condition. I'd try for those personally.
                            08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Wow
                              CF boards

i waaaaanttt them

Comment

Working...
                              X