Renting boards in Aspen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting boards in Aspen...

I've been a skier for a number of years and love it. However I've been interested in SkiBoards for a while now. I have a friend that spends at least part of the time on boards every time he skis and says they are wonderful.

I'm going to Aspen this year (staying in Aspen Village) and wondered if anyone knows of a place there that rents skiboards? I want to try them before I buy, but can't find ANYONE that rents anything but the nasty Solomon Ski Blades.

HELP!!!

Originally posted by dagdal1967 View Post
    I'm going to Aspen this year (staying in Aspen Village) and wondered if anyone knows of a place there that rents skiboards? I want to try them before I buy, but can't find ANYONE that rents anything but the nasty Solomon Ski Blades.
    Dagdal:

You're probably out of luck trying to rent proper skiboards in Aspen. We tried last season to rent some for friends and were only able to find Solomans (those were at the rent shop at the base of Buttermilk Mtn.) We're friends with some locals and also know a fellow who gives lessons there on skiboards...I believe we would have found some if any were available.

If you've never skiboarded before you might give the Solomans a try to get a rough idea what it's like, keeping in mind most folks "into" the sport much prefer the ride of 'regulation' skiboards.

We really enjoy Aspen and always stay somewhere in the town of Aspen proper...which resort are y'all staying at?

Bill

Comment

i believe summit rents out skiboards and they are located in colorado......but its rather expensive...but if you like them you can always buy some r8s

Comment

Ty:

Summit's is in the Southwest part of Colorado (near Telluride, Purgatory, etc.), a pretty good distance from Aspen. I believe Doc will rent skiboards and ship directly to a resort, but I'm not sure of the cost with two-way shipping, etc. It might be worth checking into.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by El Slurpo View Post
          Ty:

Summit's is in the Southwest part of Colorado (near Telluride, Purgatory, etc.), a pretty good distance from Aspen. I believe Doc will rent skiboards and ship directly to a resort, but I'm not sure of the cost with two-way shipping, etc. It might be worth checking into.

Bill
          its probly the best way to test real skiboards.....if that doesnt work ill rent you some of mine lol

Comment

Working...
          X