Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a pair of 11/12 Full tilt hot doggers. They are horrible. I get some nasty toe bang. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Comment

Anything that fits!!

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

I've heard about people traveling hundreds of miles to visit legendary boot fitters and sitting for days to get their thousand dollar boots to molded to their feet.

I spent five minutes and $90 at Ski Pro for some off the self Salomons that are grey and go well with my pants. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but they feel great to me.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          I've heard about people traveling hundreds of miles to visit legendary boot fitters and sitting for days to get their thousand dollar boots to molded to their feet.

I spent five minutes and $90 at Ski Pro for some off the self Salomons that are grey and go well with my pants. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but they feel great to me.

I think you have to do what works for you. Most people will agree that well fitting boots are the most important part of your gear so whatever you have to do to make them right is worth doing.

For my wife she was able to work with our local bootfitter, spend $50 during a clearance sale at our local ski shop, and get a pair of boots, after some minor adjustements, that she loves.

For me it was not that simple, I literally had a graveyard of ill fitting boots in my basement. Working with the same bootfitter that had hit the mark for my wife I was unable to find a boot that worked for me. It was not until I invested some time and money in custom liners and footbeds from SureFoot that got a solution that worked for me. The boots I use now are more comfortable than some of my street shoes and I can spend all day in them. I played hockey at a high level and this was not unlike the process I went through to get hockey skates that fit well. Up through high school I hated my "off the shelf" skates. Before I left for college I got a pair of custom made skates and it changed my game for the better. To this day I still have the same guy make my skates and wait weeks to get them so I can totally understand why people fall in love with a bootfitter. If your feet are comfortable and warm you can enjoy the mountain, if you are in pain and/or cold your day will suck no matter how nice your skis/skiboards are or how good the conditions are.
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Salomon ghost CS. I prefer a stiffer flexing boot
            Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
            Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Comment

I have some nordica double six boots and love them :-)
              Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
              *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Salomon SPK for me. I LOVE these boots. They are far lighter than the Dalbello Dampage boots I had and much more comfortable. They fit great and it was by chance that Matt Hein bought them and hated them, which led me to a good deal and a great fit. Not everyone is so lucky.

Brandon Enough purchased Full Tilt Hot Doggers last year and hated them. This year he went to a custom boot footer and got thr Full Tilt Seth Morrison boot and with the liner heat molded to his foot he LOVES them, and they are virtually the same boot as the Hot dogger. Some people can get lucky, but a boot fitter will make sure you get what best fits your foot. It's a journey, but regardless, good fitting boots are very important.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

I had a pair of Raichle rear entry boots that I loved. They were comfy and light, perfect for skiboarding. I eventually got rid of them because they were so ugly. I've been happy with my Salomons, even though they're not the lightest boot out there. I bought a new pair of Head boots last year. They are very comfortable but stiffer than what I'm used to, so I'm not in a hurry to start using them. I might just sell them. We'll see.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I must be lucky that my feet are the right size and shape to fit into ski boots without adjustments. I have never had problems with pinching or jamming or sliding or hot spots. I just pick the right size and go. Sometimes it's good to be average.
                    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

My double six's fitted perfectly with no issues but my hot doggers kill my feet as they're too narrow :-( so they are now for sale :-)
                      Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
                      *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Three days out in my new dal bello boss, and I don't really have a complaint:-)
                        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Full tilt booters with custom footbeds fit like a glove...

Comment

I purchased Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX boots on eBay over 10 years ago, primarily for the Carve feature allowing extra flex compared to the upright ski mode potentially reducing shinbang/broken legs. The forward flex dial above the Carve/Walk/Ski switch provides even more adjustment; I haven't seen this type of option on a boot since, it's usually just Walk/Ski. They're listed as an intermediate/advanced level boot but with the added features it weighs in at just over 5lbs or 2440g, a little heavier than a few boots I tried on yesterday as I originally thought they were too small. With the liner removed I have about a 1 1/2 finger width behind my heel and the shell making for a snug fit meaning I need to wear a thin sock to avoid pressure on the top of my foot but they're comfortable and warm otherwise. So far I've only had them set to Carve mode and they've been great. I'm sure I'll increase the stiffness as my skill level goes up and with more time in the park. I'm not sure how this compares to what everyone else is wearing based on weight and flexibility.

Boards: RVL*8 '08 Revolt Chicken's, Canon M7 Black, Line Fly 4 post
                            Bindings: Line FF Pro, Groove Red X1
                            Gear: Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX, Bern Baker Hard Hat, VZ Fishbowl's & Fubar's, Anon Comrade

Comment

Atomic B-Tech 50

Have used rental as well as basic Salomon and Head boots and had real pain in the past, sometimes stopping mid run to flex the feet and ease the pain.

Finally got fed up enough to go to a professional shop.

Found the perfect fit for wide feet, The Atomic B-Tech 50's. Very wide last, nice comfy flex, not much adjustment but as they fit I'm happy. I did put the green Superfeet in to support a high instep and I found some calf pain in the shop where the boot rubbed. This was easily solved by a very cheap 'heel' lift solution. Now I can spend all day on the hill without thinking of my feet.

I would definitely recommend the Atomics for riders with wide feet - stiffer flexes are available I think

Comment

Salomon Ghost FS 80

Hi Team,

I'm new here.

Has anyone tried the Salomon FS 80 Ski boots on a skiboard yet?

it's on sale on where I am right now and I was wondering if it's a good boot for skiboarding.

Comment

Working...
                                X