Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jermaine View Post

I
    So the Rocket's/ MJ's are realy faster then the KTP's and even the Condors?

Maybe we will have to have some R8 speed tests to really find out ! ... the wider boards do have some friction issues that do tend to slow them down a bit in some types of snow..
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I volenteer my services for that test now I just need kirk and brett to race me lol
      you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

G, send me a few pairs of boards and I'll run some speed tests on em. I can tell you EMPs push about 55mph before you start worrying about aerodynamics and wind resistance
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

well, yes I plan on getting th MJ's and will certaianly let them fly as well as my husband who actually really digs that design. cool!
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
            well, yes I plan on getting th MJ's and will certaianly let them fly as well as my husband who actually really digs that design. cool!
            I knew you'd want to pick up a pair of the rumspringas
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

those must be bomb for bombing down hills.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I started off using narrow boards and have to say, for east coast groomers and icey conditions, they are super quick turning and fast. Even though they have a wider turing radius than say a 98cm board, the speed you can generate on a narrow board compensates for it. It is also good to note that flex also plays a factor in how fast you can go, I always find a stiffer board to be faster, but would be more taxing on the knees.

Course, using a narrow board in powder conditions can sure be tricky!
                Edward in NYC

Comment

I am going to use my rossis for just bombing down hills and my summits for the park and higher perfomance riding
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____
                  Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                  If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

PING JERMAINE............. try here http://www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk/ for Revel8 skiboards in Europe WITHOUT high shipping charges................
                    Crossbow (go to dream board)
                    Most everything else over time.
                    Go Android

Comment

Do you know if Exclaim are still going strong?

I've been checking their site periodically and it hasnt been updated in quite a while.

Comment

Been a while since I contacted them, but they were planning to continue this year
                        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                          Been a while since I contacted them, but they were planning to continue this year
                          I hope they do.

A UK dealer for Revel8 boards who offers free shipping and extremely competitive pricing (even considering the strength of the £ against the $ and ordering from the states) is exactly what skiboarding needs in this country. They looked like a sound bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            PING JERMAINE............. try here http://www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk/ for Revel8 skiboards in Europe WITHOUT high shipping charges................

Thnx, I have already been checking this site but wasn't sure they where still in business but I'll keep an eye on them.

Comment

I just had an email from Exclaimskiboards and they will certainly be carying on this season. They will even be at the Olympia ski show. Cool.
                              Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by BrklynCarver View Post
                                I started off using narrow boards and have to say, for east coast groomers and icey conditions, they are super quick turning and fast. Even though they have a wider turing radius than say a 98cm board, the speed you can generate on a narrow board compensates for it. It is also good to note that flex also plays a factor in how fast you can go, I always find a stiffer board to be faster, but would be more taxing on the knees.

Course, using a narrow board in powder conditions can sure be tricky!
                                That would be why there fast. so when you hit powder you just glide ride on top. just don't go slow.

Search & Win

Comment

Working...
                                X