No announcement yet.

SnOasis - Europe's largest snowdome now likely to be built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Blakenham...........could they not have found somewhere further off the beaten track?
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      Great Blakenham...........could they not have found somewhere further off the beaten track?
      Great Blakenham, the location of the SnOasis site, is actually right beside the A14 beaten track. One of of the UK's major, dual-carriageway trunk roads always busy with trucks taking containers all over the country, to and from Felixstowe port.
      Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
      Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

It also makes sense when considering the locations of the other snowdomes in the UK. Might even attract holiday makers from Europe.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          It also makes sense when considering the locations of the other snowdomes in the UK. Might even attract holiday makers from Europe.
          Two airports around fifty miles away.
          There will also be shuttle buses from/to Stowmarket railway station which is on the London-Norwich line.
          Last edited by Gromit; 03-15-2019, 01:36 AM. Reason: Removed comment about G.Blakenham station
          Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            Great Blakenham, the location of the SnOasis site, is actually right beside the A14 beaten track. One of of the UK's major, dual-carriageway trunk roads always busy with trucks taking containers all over the country, to and from Felixstowe port.

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            Two airports around fifty miles away.
            There will also be shuttle buses from/to Stowmarket railway station which is on the London-Norwich line.
            Well,I guess that's relative to where you are coming from and what you consider to be a "major" road and an airport. It's pretty much a three hour drive for anyone in the home counties that has to take the M25 past Heathrow or the Dartford Tunnel. And the SLIGHTEST glitch in the traffic flow could easily double that drive time. Effectively making it not a feasible day trip for anyone south of London. And that population is where a lot of the skiing money is in the UK. I believe that location will force many folks to either make it a long weekend trip with the hassle of lodging, or just stay home. I'm sure some folks will be happy, but it seems like an odd choice given the demographics and transportation resources in other parts of the country. I have a feeling it probably wasn't the developer's first choice either.

Comment

Experience has shown you DO like to have the last word. No change there then

Go Android

Comment

Experience has shown you DO like to have the last word. No change there then

Why the defensiveness, it's a conversation about suitable locations for a snow dome?

Is there a reason for you to be a jerk about it?

Comment

Why the defensiveness, it's a conversation about suitable locations for a snow dome?

Is there a reason for you to be a jerk about it?
                  And there you go again

Go Android

Comment

And NO, it's not a conversation about suitable places for snowdomes, it's about Gromit, and me actually, being excited about a possible one in OUR area, saving a 2 hour drive, but you had to pour cold water on it didn't you. Thanks for the PERSONAL insult again BTW

Go Android

Comment

Really, you call me out in public and don’t expect me to react? This is an internet discussion board, if you don’t want your opinion discussed, don’t post it. If a negative opinion ruins your day, maybe the internet isn’t for you ?

And this was hardly a long drawn out argument. You stated your opinion in one post, and I replied, politely and with pertinent facts. Not exactly a case of beating the subject into the ground and having the last word. And, I’m not the first person to bring up this subject in this thread.

It’s ok if you don’t like my content, or my posting style, you can just ignore my posts, but if you want to challenge me in public, I’m going to defend myself and call you out on your behavior. Not exactly the first time you’ve done this either.

Comment

And there you go again

Go Android

Comment

SnOasis talks between council and developers 'going as planned'

Some more good news on the resurrected, SnOasis snow dome project in Suffolk.
                          The local newsmedia reported yesterday that the SnOasis planning talks between the local council and developers are 'going as planned'.
                          https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/snoasis-...oing-1-6090522

Thank you to valmorel for the heads up.
                          Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

More good news about the SnOasis snow dome?

Here's a recent report from the local newspaper's web site, flagged up to me by valmorel.
                            https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/snoasis-...tion-1-6513206

"SnOasis talks 'nearing completion' - as district council gives project full support".

"It has also been revealed that ongoing discussions between council planning officers and development company DP9 could conclude "very soon".".
                            Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

SnOasis given the green light by Mid Suffolk District Council’s chief planning officer.
                              https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/snoasis-...cade-1-6615618
                              https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52366334

The next step is that the snow dome's financial backers will have to get the building contractors onto site but first a roundabout at the site access and a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing have to be put in place.
                              Last edited by Gromit; 04-22-2020, 05:23 AM.
                              Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

As has been suspected for some years, the SnOasis Snowdome project has been confirmed as officially dead.

The land is up for sale.
                                They did develop an associated housing estate which was likely to have always been their real plan.

Hyperlinks to story below.
                                https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/24182424...-ridge-scheme/
                                If you find yourself behind a paywall using the link above then try the one below instead.
                                https://12ft.io/https://www.eadt.co....-ridge-scheme/

Note: Several years ago, the size of the SnOasis scheme was reduced, with a smaller snow dome and renamed "Valley Ridge". All gone now.
                                Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Working...
                                X