skiboarding vs skiing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiboarding vs skiing

I'm new to sskiboarding and have some questions. I'm an experienced skier, will it be difficult for me to pick up skiboarding, and do skiboards go slower then regular skis and if so is it a big difference.

Skiboarding has a 1 day learning curve if you have never been on a Mtn. before so if your an experienced skier you should be an expert at everything but park not sure if you ever tried park features before and if you get a pair of quality skiboards and not the snowblades then your in for a big surprise speed wise they go A LOT faster when you know what your doing

I would say you wont have any problem adjusting and be killing it on skiboards in no time
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Its not a very hard sport to pick up, but you do need to stay centered more.

Skiboards can go just as fast as skis if there waxed right and every couple of times out.
      Boards:
      Line mnp (bug)
      Revel8 revolt (cites)
      Bindings:
      Line ffpro (gold/orange)

Comment

Skiing is similar to skiboarding in the obvious ways, but there is a bit of a difference if you want them to truly perform. They ride best if you're always carving and keeping them on edge, much like snowboard (I've heard, not a snowboarder myself)

I'd say they are as fast as skis, particularly if you're sure to keep them waxxed. Jjue on here has made some other posts where he really explains the differences between skiing and skiboarding. I've only gone skiing a couple times before skiboarding so I don't know all the secrets to great ski technique, but he really explained it well, you might want to look for some of his posts and reviews.
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Ive been known to beat a few ski racers on 90s.

You will be very surprised how fast you can get going with some mild training...

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Welcome John Boy O !
            As an ex skier myself , I think you are in for a treat !
            First get a modern high performance widebodied skiboard like the boards sold here , no snowblades ,
            throw away the poles ,
            concentrate on a balanced centered stance rather then riding the front of your boots all the time .
            concentrate on carving edge to edge rather than running straight a lot ,
            modern widebodied skiboards are close to the speed of skis going downhill ,
            get use to a little wobble when running straight , this doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the board ,

In pow , lean back a little bit on your heels as you transition into the soft stuff ...

Have Fun !
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

as they all said, I picked skiboarding up my 3rd time down the hill after a year of skiing.
              sigpic
              meet me on FB

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543617644

Line Weapons/jedis
              FF cams/FF alums

Comment

Haha I think it took me all of ten minutes to pick up on skiboarding from skiing. They really get fun when you start experimenting with them though...

Dan
                Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Thanks, you guys helped a lot.

Comment

Trollhaugen hills are puny
                    sigpic
                    meet me on FB

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543617644

Line Weapons/jedis
                    FF cams/FF alums

Comment