Waxing Revel8 skiboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing Revel8 skiboards

Been noticing some differences between the bases on my BWPs and my SnowJams.

1. BWP bases seem to dry out a lot quicker, need to wax after every visit to the snowdome, only needed wax SnowJams every other time. And the BWPs always need two layers of wax, I know its best to do 2 anyway, but i could get away with one on SJs if I was short on time. Do sintered bases usually dry out quicker?

2. When I wax BWPs the insert pattern shows up on the bases when I iron in the hot wax, never saw his on SnowJams using same wax and iron setting. Why might this be - is it a problem?

Another thing, I use white wax now, but I was using black molybdenum wax before and the black particles were separating out when it melted. I only noticed this when I put it on the BWPs coloured base (the SJs have a completely black baes). Is this normal for coloured wax, or could it be it was too hot or gone off or something?

any advice appreciated.

Cheers.
    Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
    SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Most of the Revel lineup is sintered bases. They absorb the wax the best because they have a more pourus base. You may find they are "drying out" because they are sucking in the wax, or its getting rubbed off quicker in the same manner.

The snowjams are extruded so the base is stiffer, needs less wax, and doesnt hold as much. They may seem like they are more waxy because they are less pourus and the wax is external.

You may also find the temp/humidity could be effecting how quick the wax is rubbed off.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Thanks, that would explain some of it.

I just waxed with OneBallJay, which seems to give a nicer wax than the Toko
      Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
      SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

Working...
      X