Ski boots vs Snowboard boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski boots vs Snowboard boots

Has anyone tried both ski boots and the hard shell snowboard boots? I'm currently using ski boots, but I don't particularly care for the way they cant you forward. I realize that this is the stance you want for skiing, but for skiboarding I like to be more upright and centered. I was wondering if the snowboard boots are more upright since snowboarders need to lean back and forth. Any input would be appreciated.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

yes, they are typically more upright. you can buy freestyle ski boots that give you a more upright stance, too.

i bought the deeluxe 225's (snowboard boot) and they are adjustable from just about straight upright to a VERY forward lean stance. so, i think they are good for all conditions. They have 5 notches for adjustment (5 being the most upright). I mostly ride on 3, but have put it on 4 for the steeper trails since I have to lean back so much (powder).

I have heard they are heavier than ski boots, but I dont think they are. THey dont feel it when they're on anyway...plus they are MUCH more comfy than any skiboots I have used (I have wide feet).
    ~harry

@HarrySiii
    -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
    -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
    -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
    -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Crazy, upgrading to the hard snowboard boots puts your feet in a completely different world... if you can find some, GET THEM. end of season now you might score a deal somewhere.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Where would one find such hard shell snowboard boots? I've just never seen them.

Dan
        Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

sbol

the deeluxe lemans or deeluxe 225's that Greco carries. these are both hard shell snowboard boots.
          ~harry

@HarrySiii
          -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

The two kinds Greco has here on SBOL are the ones I was looking at. I love the look of the updated 225's, but I think I may just get the older model since it's quite a bit cheaper.

I'm glad you mentioned the width of your feet, harry, because I have trouble with my skiboots hurting the outside of my feet. I'm assuming that the formable liner in the Deeluxe's will basically solve that problem. Plus, hard snowboard boots look much more comfortable to walk around in.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

yeah, i think i wrote in my review about the width, too. basically, i ordered a 25, because that's the length of my feet. the shell of the boot actaully says 25-27.5 on it. this is excellent, because I get all that extra width. when you mold the liner, it fills in the entire shell, so the wider points of me feet have a chance to push the liner out in those places. it's a wonderful system, i must say. i can't say enough how happy i am with them.
              ~harry

@HarrySiii
              -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

I'm confused; my ski boots are about a 27.0 and I can't find harshell snowboard boots in that size here or at bomberonline. Are they out of stock or am I just missing something?

Dan
                Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

My biggest thing with snowboard boots is the releasable bindings. If I want to use releasable bindings, I wont be able to use the snowboard boots. I know there are some snowboard boots that have addons or whatever to make them compatible, but at the same time, they are alot more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by airdonut41
                    I'm confused; my ski boots are about a 27.0 and I can't find harshell snowboard boots in that size here or at bomberonline. Are they out of stock or am I just missing something?

Dan
                    unfortunately if your size isn't listed we're sold out.

g

Comment

http://www.yyzcanuck.com/ if you are in Canada

or

bomberonline.com if you are in the US

or

bluetomato if in europe

Comment

Originally posted by airdonut41

Dan
                        Here you go airdonut, more Hard Snowboard boots, including the Head Stratos, on sale, than you can shake a stick at.

http://raceboarding.com/boots/deeluxe.html

plus that site has great deals on helmets etc.

Comment

If you want the Head Strotos you have to go to their main page. Probably have to order that by phone.

http://raceboarding.com/

Comment

is there a way to make the snowboard boots compatable with releasable bindings?

Comment

Originally posted by thisisjon
                              is there a way to make the snowboard boots compatable with releasable bindings?
                              Yes.

www.upzboots.com

Comment

Working...
                              X