No announcement yet.

How has Skiboarding effected your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How has Skiboarding effected your life?

I've been riding less than one season, and here's everything it's done for me, mentally and physically.

Physically: once i could 5 on skiboards, i could 7 on rollerblades. once i could do safety grab 180s pretty fluidly, jumping regularly in skates felt retarded, and i began to naturally learn some more unique grabs to throw in my 180s & spins. the skates feel so light weight the day after i go skiboarding. they feel very flexible now too. unfortunately, skiboarding hasnt helped me with rails, but they have on ledges. i was always too scared to try front royale to outspin back farf till i learned sliding them around on boxes on skiboards. now im trying those, and back savannahs feel effortless to throw now.

Mentally: used to live with an attitude about tryin to progress so much that i forgot why i do the things i do, which is for fun. skiboarding reminded me that i dont need people to rely on when riding... that im happy with my own style and bein me. i've taken that to rollerblading and to general life. im smiling so much more than i used to & feel younger in the heart. i dont care if people think im a badass anymore, im happy bein me. From the moment i began skiboarding, i didnt let myself hold back from tricks i was scared to do. if i get a thought in my head & want to do it, even if im scared of it or dont think ill land it, i dont give a rip & commit to tryin it. i'm taking that over to rollerblading too. jus gotta huck it. and with the feeling that youre happy to be doin your own thing, it aint a problem cuz you wanna try the trick.

*be a simple... kind of man.... it's somethin that you can love and understand...*

for me skiboarding has increased my concussion count by 1/3 (four total) and taken away few hundred bucks. but it's all worth it

---
    if riding an airplane is flying,
    then riding a boat is swimming;
    if you want to experience the element -
    get out of the vehicle!
    if you want to experience the element - get out of the vehicle!

Comment

Working...
    X