no salomon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no salomon?

ok, i can understand that some of you are in the skiboards production business and that you have to promote your boards to the market, but degrading some brands like salomon (and Line recently) just because they had 8 holes not 4 it is ridiculous. I agree with you 100% that thay do not support the skiboarding culture at all (although they do write salomon snowblade@ skiboards in the user manuals)! For that we should definitly boycott them, but you should be more objective about their build quality. And i do like the wood core more that the foam, but the foam it's not so bad as you say it is. The dimensions are ok, central stance, symmetrical (going high) twin tips, wide... So let's be honest, salomon are not that bad in terms of build quality as some of you present them (and teach as). So lets say that my brain set now and i want to buy: Revel8 2007 BWP 98cm: 250$;line ffpro 145$;shipment for Macedonia 190$!! plus 30% customs for the boards and bindings 130$...and i got the price of about 720 US DOLLARS my friends! That stands for a lot of money where i come from... So because i did not had any options, two months ago i bought a new pair of salomon SB9 (2005-2006 model) for 150$!! (with bindings of course)
    My point was that not everyone has the opportunity to be a "real" skiboarder and you should be more objective with the reviews (as much as you can).
    thank you,skiboardordie,powder for life!!!
    P.S. sorry for my bad english
    ...let there be powder...
    SKIBOARDORDIE

the fact on salomon and some other "skiboard" makers is that the huge thing is the 8 hole..if you break any piece of the boards..you cannot replace that certain piece..you have to get a whole new setup. So inconclusion..you can still get a 4X4 binding board setup for as much as a salomon board. So point is..why not get the good setup that wont F U up in the end and just get a 4X4 setup. In plus, proceeds help skiboarding live that much longer in the future
    -have you seen my poopie??

Comment

if you want inexpensive decent skiboards, just get a pair of snowjams. 80 bucks new on ebay!
      Revel8 Condors - Bomber's
      Revel8 Emp's - Bomber's
      Revel8 Cities - Bomber's
      Line Weapons - FF Cam's
      Snowjam 90 - Extreme II's
      Snowjam 75 - Extreme II's
      Salomon 1080 Foil Boots

Comment

well everyone dises on salomon cause well there crap. shouldent be to hard to understand. anyway i rode sb10 pro's for about 3 months and had to replace the binding like 4 or 5 times. (good thing i worked in a rental shop and got them for free) and with a foam core you can worp them alot easyer as a friend did this to mine (the boards i rode at mt. creek looked like roolers that gave me the wide leg style) and i snaped them after only 3 months. oh and the fact that they no longer suport our sport so why suport them? the only way where going to grow is by suporting core companys. i mean just look at skiboardings history. from when i got in the game tell now skiboardings got so much bigger then it was.

anyway thats way to long of a post for me so in short fuck salomon

hein

Comment

shipping to the republic of macedonia would take 3- 7 business days and be only $56.90...which is less than to the UK or Australia.

g

Comment

Originally posted by Greco
            shipping to the republic of macedonia would take 3- 7 business days and be only $56.90...which is less than to the UK or Australia.

g
            thats what i wanted say: where "powder" get this shipment price !!! wooohh...

even to far far east Europe country like Latvia from SBOL 1 pair of skb ships for some 55$, 4 days - 5 days!!!
            Last edited by allz; 11-13-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Well ok, and if it is 50$ for shipment (seems like i've read for express ) it's still almost 600$. Money that i don't have! And now here is one for you: ride salomon or don't ride at all?!?! that was my cross road, where will you go?
              SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

You're comparing apples and oranges.

There is another option:

SnowJam 90's w/Extreme 2's - $205.00

Shipping - $57.00

Customs ~ $40.00
                ----------------------------
                Total - $302.00

and because I hate to see anyone on snowblades I'd give you these with Extreme II's for $184.00. PM or email me if you want 'em.

G
                Last edited by Greco; 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM.

Comment

hehe apples and oranges? it's still double! but this is not bad offer i must admit. I am saving every madafu... euro for Romania! And it is still a question if i can make it!
                  SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

thank you g,
                    come on give it up for this man who will do anything to keep the skiboarding name alive...

n my story:
                    k2 fatty's...
                    i saw skiboarding originally on rocketpower believe it or not like 6 7 years ago now and i decided i wanted to do it not having a computer yet i did the whole k2 thing 3 weeks later they have these huge de laming black stips on the tops and are just about useless....

then i got a computer few weeks later a sbol sticker from g, mike ponessa, and ron buckner and boom!

THANK YOU!
                    i'm no leader
                    i just can't see myself following you...
                    and that's not in a "heavy" way you...
                    to phrase a dying wish quasi-question3ly...
                    not you personally but...
                    you personally...
                    ...i just "brought some of the words i write
                    the way i write them..."
                    -dose one

Comment

hmm... good offer pal i respected but i do not have the money now :-)
                      SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

hey ill tell ya what if you make it to Romania ill hook ya up with a pair of boards

Comment

hahahaha thank you! In my country we say "all to be live and healthy until..." it sounds funny in english :-) tnx again and i do my best (in saving cash)!
                          SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

hahahaha thank you! In my country we say "all to be live and healthy until..." it sounds funny in english :-) tnx again and i do my best (in saving cash)!
                            SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

Re: no salomon?

Originally posted by powder
                              .....The dimensions are ok, central stance, symmetrical (going high) twin tips, wide... So let's be honest, salomon are not that bad in terms of build quality ...
                              salomon snowblades:

1. the dimensions are horrible.
                              2. they are not symetrical
                              3. they are not wide.
                              4. they do not have centered stance
                              5. more then half of the skiboard can not proberly flex due to the binding system.

if your talking about the sb9, those are not bieng made anymore. they where center stance and symetrical, but not wide, what so ever. cheaply constructed also, and horrible binding system.

as for lines, i admit, the skibaords themselves are good quality, but you can't make proper use of it with that kind of binding system. is like putting 13inch tires on a huge SUV.
                              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X