spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinning

what's the principle behind stopping the spin while spinning?

on rollerblades, you land a 540 and you stop spinning because of friction. on skiboards, i can 180 and 360 fine without spinning upon landing. however, when i 540, my body wants to continue spinning. has anyone figured out a good fluid way to stop the spinning the instant you land? you gotta use the edges, open your body up more, or what?

thanks

well in both skating and skiboarding I use my head as a stopper....

I keep my head over my shoulder throughout the spin and I bring it back whenever I need to stop.

never forget that the body follows the head....

other than that I don't know really...I usually stop spinning when I want to in the air and have no problem on the ground. The thing is that you must have enough air to complete your rotation (then stop) before hitting the landing!

Comment

ahhh

ahhh, yes that makes sense. i never really thought about that, but i use my head with my shoulders & hips to help rotate too.. I will keep that in mind, thank you for bringing the thought to mind.

Comment

also brotha

if your gonna be tossing oozing with stezzy 5's, just set the spin for the size of the jump so you land fake, dont set for a 7, land fake and twirl like brian boitano....5's are the most stylish spin, theres so many options, experiment!

b
        Bentfilms

Comment

dun got a problem

i don't fully agree with you on the 5 vs. 7 matter. most people's 5s look better than their 7s, but there are some ppl that throw 7s and 9s just as fluid as 5s, such as Julian Bah.

styles more important to me than the trick in most situations (unless it's the first time i do the trick of course), so i definitely take that into concern. thanks.

i really need to find a way to learn to spin faster. i haven't been able to spin anything more than 630 for a year now. wonder if theres any activity outside of skating & skiboarding that increases spin. i think i'll just keep pushin myself on 7s and 9s at night after work.

every night: go home from work, try to throw 7s and 9s off flat ground until i get worn out... maybe do it again later in the night, but at least one session per night. i think it'll do me some good.

if you have any other suggestions, hit me up.

Comment

Gorp.

brotha you got me all wrong!
            Bentfilms

Comment

Gorp.

brotha you got me all wrong!

im stoked on everything that looks stylish.. if you can toss a switch cork 12 like tj schiller and have it look stylish... more power to ya.... i didnt mean that 5's were the only spin that was stylish... know what i mean vern?

but thats dope that you try flatground spins.... theres no question that the best air sense activity outside of skiboarding and skating is TRAMPOLINES... dude trampolines are where its at..... i've learned everything from cork 14's to unnaty cork 12s on tramps, and thats stuff that i wouldnt even think of tossing on snow...

h00t
              b
              Bentfilms

Comment

sorry

oh, my bad. i dunno what i got wrong. i dun mind listenin to what you gotta say. internet makes it too easy to misunderstand and to say the wrong thing. not blamin it all on the net, cuz i know im dumb cuz i don't really think cept for when i need to.

Comment

^Basically, use a bigger jump, so you can slow down your spins. They look better that way anyways. Just to sum up ben's advice.
                  ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

rolla, here's a shot of ben makin' a 5 look stylish:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/image...en_table_5.mov

b, call me, i got problems with this weekend.

-g

Comment

oh

oh, ok, i didn't understand that your main point was there are a lot of ways to tweak out 5s & still maintain a good stylish spin.. yes i agree with you there. it's the most versatile spin by far.

i can't watch the clip b/c i dont have quicktime. not allowed to install executables at work unless my supervisor permits, and it doesn't help with my job, so i doubt he will permit me to.

i will check it when i get home, if i remember. don't worry about it though. have a good day yall. i'm goin home!

Comment

i checked it

ok im home, i checked it. pretty nice. peace.

Comment

Working...
                        X