Brinton Gunderson Pros vs. M7 Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brinton Gunderson Pros vs. M7 Pros

Hi, I am lookin to buy a pair of skiboards, and am having trouble deciding between a pair of gunderson pros of the M7 pros. The BG seem to be rated higher in the comparison chart of this website, but it seems like groove is not as much of a skiboard company (I went to their website, and scooters and slot machines were on the front page!) wherease canon seems to be very focused on this market.

I like to hit jumps, I love to carve, and need to be able to float over some powder once in awhile. I also hit the halfpipe a bit. What is also very important is that I can keep up with my snowboarding buddies when we decide to fly down the mountain (only when it is clear of innocent bystanders, of course ) I love speed, and stability at high speeds is pretty much the only concern I've had with skiboarding. However, that was on cheap rental boards (salomon I believe), so I am looking to eliminate most of that with some quality equipment. I have heard that the M7s are the smoothest and fastest boards out there, and I would like to hear from any owners (or people who have ridden both BG and M7) to see what they think.

I must say that I think that the canons look a lot cooler than the plain white BGs, but looks are secondary to performance I suppose...

Also, any suggestions on bindings? I have been looking a the canon td-1 vs the summit extreme (I'd love to get a pair of spruce releasable, but need to save on the money)

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated, as I am buying my first pair, moving up from the rentals, and plan on having these for awhile.

Thanks!

Either's good, but the sintered base on the BGs is probably faster. Can't lose on either board though. BGs are great in the powder.
    ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

the bg's are soo stable too cuz theyre so big, i absolutely love them
      POW!nded

Comment

i love my BG's, stiffness helps on pulling out jumps, and width with powder, and i still fly and carve down the slopes fast as anyone.
        skiboard4life

Comment

what would you guys think of a board that was a little smaller then the BG's... almost a hybrid between the BG and th M7?

13.0 tip and tail

9.5/10 waist

some sick sidecut and a dope graphic....?

what would you think?

b
          Bentfilms

Comment

well...

I ended up ordering a pair of M7 pro's just because I felt better about getting a canon product (groove may make cool skiboards, but the whole slot machine and scooter thing on their front page is a turnoff) It just seems like canon would be able to back it up more if I have any issues... No disrespect to any BG owners...

So they are on the way, and I will try them out this weekend!! Greco is the man for shipping them out so quickly so that I could have them for the weekend!!!

Comment

Working...
            X