Tips on landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on landing

hi...i tried out my hertiage yesterday, and love them. i was trying some small jumps yesterday and finding myslef having a hard time landing. anyone have any tips for beginners for landing? i POP on the jump and did a simple grab then on the landing i land paralell to the snow and then land sitting close to the snow with my knee very bent, then wipe out. anyone ever had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

thanks

u jsut gotta get the feel for it. You gotta land parralel to the slope of the landing. but dont lean forward too much cuz then you'll fall forward. just let your instinct striaghten yourself out.
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

If you're leaned further forward your knees won't buckle as easily, if you're back at all you'll lose it. Also practice and muscle building helps you keep your legs from buckling.
      ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

actually, it is pretty hard to lean too much forward. usually when i think i'm gonna smash my face, i get the smoothest landings... the landing is a slope, and what feels too "bent over" (human vestibular apparatus is related to horizontal levels) in fact is parallel to the slope

so, just don't hesitate to bring your chest/upperbody more forward. and get over the safety-instincts
        Last edited by McShane; 02-03-2004, 08:10 AM.
        if you want to experience the element - get out of the vehicle!

Comment

Definitely bend your knees some! One time I didn't and ended up having my knee rebuilt. Not cool.

Comment

yea landing is one thing but getting some good air is also another for me...there's like a nice huge jump at sauveur...it really doesnt look high but when you get on it its huge...So i try me best but i dont know if it's cause im chicken but i never pop up at the lip...sending me straight past the jump killing my knees and back...i never end up on the slop where it's nice and soft. any tips to help me in this?

Comment

mad speed is the key...
              jumping up at the lip will get your more air but you won't go farther...

SPEED!!!! you never have enough of that

Comment

Working...
              X