Deeluxe Lemans Ski Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeluxe Lemans Ski Boots

I tested these babies out last weekend. The use a thermoflex liner so I had to bring them to my local ski shop to have the liner heated and molded to my foot and let me tell you these are the most comfortable ski boots i've ever owned. Plus, they use four buckles so I have tons of options with support. They have a walk mode, which other boots i've owned had but it actually works on these boots. Flip the lever in the back and the entire upper portion of the boot will flex, some people even prefer riding in walk mode.
    I was riding with Adam Lynam and he has a pair of Line Ski boots. We noticed the boots looked similar so we compared them. They are almost identical except his Line's don't have the thermoflex modable liner. I guess Line was having their boots made by Raichle which was bought and renamed to Deeluxe.
    One recommendation on size, I had to get them a little bigger than my foot measured out to. I did the measure thing where you put your foot on a piece of paper and measure it in centimeters and mine came to 28.5 and I was most comfortable in a size 30. 29 worked but it was a little tight in the toe area.
    Before these boots I had the Kneissel Rails and was not happy at all. Only one strap for tightening and I always felt as if the boots were too tight in one area and not tight in others, plus they killed my shins and calves. As soon as I got these on I new I'd found my boots.

-G

Deeluxe Lemans Boots

pics

Here's a pic
    Attached Files

Comment

how much do these weigh compared to the rails? ive got rails and its almost impossible to hike in them thru deep powder because snow sticks to the bottoms so bad and theyre so heavy.

Comment

I think your review sold me on the Lemans. damn power marketing.

Comment

Good question. I did some measuring...

One rail weighs 5.25lbs
          One Lemans weighs 4.75lbs

when you mentioned snow on the bottom I checked out the bottoms of both boots and the Rails have way more boot making contact with the ground, plus they are completely flat, not tapered like the Lemans', so that would explain why you get so much snow stuck to them. I measured the bottom of each :

Rail front: 4.75" x 2.75"
          Rail back: 4.50" x 2.75"

Lemans front: 4.00" x 2.75"
          Lemans back: 3.00" x 2.75"

the above measurements are of flat parts making direct contact with the ground when you walk.

I hope this helps.

G

Comment

come on Langer. you can't give up those re-entry boots you have, you love those and they are so comfortable.

how's that for sales pressure?!

Comment

i assume you mean rear-entry not re-entry? last time I skiboarded in space i was on 3 hits of . . . well u get the picture. And my present boots (not re or rear entry) are extremely comfortable, but are also 14 years old and kinda outta the loop technology-wise. Your feet were in such a good mood all weekend, it had to be the boots. Your post only confirmed it

Comment

yeah i meant rear-entry. i thought they were sorry for that. happy feet make for good skiboarding

Comment

The picture makes the boot look so leaned forward. That is not a good stance for skiboarding. Is it really that far forward when it's not in walk mode?
                  - 2004-2005 Snowjam 90cm (BLD, Red, White and Blue)
                  - 2004-2005 Bomber Elite Bindings (Regular)
                  - 2004-2005 Tecnica Entryx 3 Boots (Mondo 27.5)
                  - 2004-2005 Pro-Tec Ace Full Face Black Flame Helmet (Medium)
                  - 2004-2005 Smith Prodigy Turbo Fan Goggles w/Platinum Mirror or Sensor Mirror Lenses.
                  - Usually riding at Bear Creek wearing a black jacket with white stripes down the sleeves and black ski pants.

Comment

i think it's just the pic but i know it doesn't keep you in that position. that's why i like these boots so much. in walk mode i can lean back and have no forward lean at all. straight up and down.

g

Comment

So you skiboard with these boots in walk mode? Isn't loose if you do?
                      - 2004-2005 Snowjam 90cm (BLD, Red, White and Blue)
                      - 2004-2005 Bomber Elite Bindings (Regular)
                      - 2004-2005 Tecnica Entryx 3 Boots (Mondo 27.5)
                      - 2004-2005 Pro-Tec Ace Full Face Black Flame Helmet (Medium)
                      - 2004-2005 Smith Prodigy Turbo Fan Goggles w/Platinum Mirror or Sensor Mirror Lenses.
                      - Usually riding at Bear Creek wearing a black jacket with white stripes down the sleeves and black ski pants.

Comment

nope, it's perfect. only difference is it lets me stand up straight when i want to.

g

Comment

I have that exact pair man. They are so much lighter than the rail boots. Rails are like wearing lead weights on your feet compared to these. I know the weight difference isnt super huge on paper but when they are on your feet...night and day man. I never heard of riding in walk mode but you right...they are cake to walk in for sure.
                          Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

Just got a pair of these in yesterday, and so far I'm amazed. They're so much lighter than my old craptacular Nordicas, and the walk setting makes walking easy. I haven't even gotten them molded yet and they're already more comfortable than my old boots. I can't afford to get a full custom footbed, but would you guys reccomend getting some cheap gel heelcaps? I can't wait for it to snow so I can try these out.
                            I do it because I can.
                            I can because I want to.
                            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                            '08 KTPs

Comment

They look great man, just way out of my price range...im trying to find some decent boots for $150
                              1999 Groove Retro 82cm

Days This Season - 9

Comment

Working...
                              X